What's new
What's new

Matsuura mx-1 Cannot Zero Return Any Axis

ARLYN

Plastic
I recently got my 82 mc-500v with Yasnac mx1 control powered up. The previous owner had it sit for 10 years. I have reentered the parameters and all axis jog smoothly but I cannot get it to zero. The limit switches all work according to the dgn screen. When I try manually do it doesn't even decelerate just hit's the OT limit. If I try it with the g28 I just get axis not ready alarm. Any Ideas?

Not familiar with that machine.....all the machines of that vintage that I am familiar with have a switch or knob that needs to be set for "zero return" or "home"......then usually a joystick or button to press and hold......is this what you are trying when you say you are trying manually?. (there are many skill levels here, that is why I started from square one)

Thanks for the reply Dukerc51 & toolsteel Yes procedures are as follows... I power on, servos on, jog mode make sure im 50mm or more from decell switches in x y or z flip on reference return switch hit jog + button till it hits ot switch.(no zero light or deceleration) Or I try power on, servos on,make sure im 50mm or more from decell switches, switch to mdi mode type g91 g28 xo yo z0;, write, Go then I get zr unready x,y,z.

Yes the #6016 x,y,z reference point return all set at effective. Anyone have the deceleration parameters for 6286,6287,6288?

Last edited:
Did you try homing the Z axis first?.....some machines get a bit finicky about that. They want the Z done first to make sure you are clear of anything.

Thanks toolsteel Yes I gave that a try, and Vancbiker all 000 on the 6010. Thanks Greg White Methods will probably be the last resort I just blew my budget on my RPC. I have been digging on the Yaskawa website and in the pdf of YASNAC MX1 Maintenance Manual section 3.1 page 56 it says adjustment procedures #12 preform a second power application... clear alarms... check servo clamp adjust the zero ADJ potentiometer on the servo drive until the deviation comes within 0-+2 pulses in the servo clamp state. IDK if I'm digging too deep or what but I don't see a potentiometer on the servo drives. It goes on to tell you how to check the position error of servo deviation. (very briefly) Any one heard of or have done this?

Check to see if any breakers are tripped. When I got my machine spindle fan was fried. I shut off breaker feeding it and machine would do everything but reference at startup. It was like that breaker powered something else besides fan.

Yes Vancbiker and Dukerc51 thanks for taking the time to help. The zero toggle has been verified on the dgn screen, Ive even checked changing the dgn,s in test mode for the zero lights they work too. I started from the basics today checking voltages taps transformers fuses fan's ect by the book started double checking the parameters again it would be nice to verify some like the 6286-6288 deceleration parameters. I see the grid shift can change Ive tried changing those numbers a bit I even moved the trip dog in the - direction a bit to see if that would give it enough room from the ot switch to zero.My Guess #1 It seems that the machine either tries to take too long to decelerate. #2 it doesn't switch internally (relay) to zero position or #3 the requirements are never met parameters/components etc.
toolsteel as far as skill goes I can usually read a manual and figure things out with 3rs machining experience at Kosman Specialties mostly on a Dong Yang 18x60 lathe, I'm not a CNC Expert. But the last year i was there 2007 we got a Haas vf-3 and I was the only one interested in programming it so I got some manuals and read them front to back many times. It took a while before I could program it myself. Then I lost the job as I was getting proficient at it maybe I wrote a dozen programs. The spindle servo drive failed at some point so I got to see some of the diagnostics, and how the tech went threw it. I may suffer from Over confidence but It hasn't failed me yet! Thanks again!

Just a wild guess, but have you tried turning the ref switch on then pressing cycle start? Probably won't make a difference but you never know. This works on the Fanucs I run. Although Yasnac and Fanuc are different, they are similar in a lot of ways.

As Greg mentioned, Methods in Mass. may be able to help. I have called and talked to a couple of their techs with some problems. They were very willing to help point me in the direction I needed to go. I was told if I needed more help to call back. They never charged me anything for the help over the phone.
Michael

Just a wild guess, but have you tried turning the ref switch on then pressing cycle start? Probably won't make a difference but you never know. This works on the Fanucs I run. Although Yasnac and Fanuc are different, they are similar in a lot of ways.

Having an auto reference return function is determined and created by the machine builder, not the control builder, whether Fanuc or Yasnac.

Thanks for all the ideas, support, and for the parameters! and I have a new service manual on the way and coolant pump too! sweet Thanks mthomure. I Didn't have another chance to try anything but I do know how to bypass the reference return requirement just not quite sure how to set up the tool change if I do. Ive been going one step at a time. I still need to read more about the atc operation, Get a computer closer for some communication etc. Thanks again I'll keep ya posted on what I figure out.

Be careful with running with the reference return requirement disabled by parameter. Your only overtravel protection then will be the hard limits as soft overtravel limits are disabled.

I doubt that you'll be able to do a normal toolchange as the logic looks for first or second reference complete signal.

Your problem has been interesting to try to figure out. All the "normal" reasons for reference return not working seem to not be the trouble.

I would NOT recommend running the machine and trying to do tool changes without fixing your zero return issue first. Try loading the parameters I sent you and see how it works.

Back