What's new
What's new

Matsuura MX-520 Coolant Disabled

Holmquist008

Plastic
Hey everyone,

I've been running into a weird problem with my machine. If I get a hardware fault from the tool break or any other alarm there's a small intermittent chance that the coolant will become disabled. I reset the alarm and continue on with the program; does a tool change just fine, spindle starts and the machine will still run the tool paths but the coolant doesn't come on.

I've tried:
Simply pushing the coolant buttons on the controller
Entering M8 & M50 into MDI
Entering M30 into MDI
Resetting the entire program
Running a different program
E-stopping the machine and resetting the alarm

Only thing that will respond is the red coolant disable button, I can turn it off and on to no affect

Nothing seems to clear up the issue except for cycling the power off and on. That would be fine except the machine seems to lose it's zero slightly resulting in a scrap part since it's always been mid-program. This has only happened twice in about three months so it's not a huge issue but when it happens again I'd like to not lose the three hours I have into machining the part.

Any help/ideas/theories are greatly appreciated!

Only 1 pump or multiple pumps? If only 1 pump, you need to split the problem to see if its electrical or control. Next time it happens, find the output going to the pump and check if it has voltage. If it does, might be a contactor going out.

But it sounds like you might have a ladder issue. These intermittent faults can be "fun" resulting in a weeklong slog through countless rungs of logic. And usually they end with something stupid like a timer check being 50 milliseconds too slow.

Since you're in Minnesota, it might not be a bad idea to give Matsurra HQ a heads up to see if they can come down the next time it happens.

It is all the coolant pumps. I don't believe it is a hardware problem and more of a software fault. I will look into contacting Shawn, thanks for the replies!

Back