What's new
What's new

Mazak or Doosan VMC

Houdini

Titanium
We are looking at switching from buying Haas machines,
there are local Mazak and Doosan suppliers.
Real world experience opinions on Mazak Ez16 vs Doosan DNM4500, which would you buy?

Real world experience opinions on Mazak Ez16 vs Doosan DNM4500, which would you buy?

Either machine well handedly outperform a Haas....................I'm willing to bet the Doosan similarly optioned will come in less than the Mazak..........................service in your area would be my deciding factor...............

Both are great machines. The Mazak can really boogey. I'd be biased towards the Doosan only because I used to work for them and I know it better. They have tremendous parts and support. I'm sure Mazak does too. Either way, you can't go wrong.

I would go Mazak because I already have 6 of them and am seriously contemplating an EZ20. Love the Smooth G control. Maybe $10K difference between EZ16 and EZ20. Makes no sense for me to get the 16. The EZ26 will not fit through a 10x10 door, other 2 will.

I've got a DNM5700. I did look at Mazak but lead time and horror stories around here kill it for me.

I'm coming from a Haas that I bought new, in full. It lasted 19 month before I sold it

I've got a DNM5700. I did look at Mazak but lead time and horror stories around here kill it for me.

I'm coming from a Haas that I bought new, in full. It lasted 19 month before I sold it

Nice, didn't see that you pulled the trigger on the DNM! How long have you had it and how is it treating you?

Mazak was almost twice the price of the Doosan (comparable size machines). Got quotes before christmas 2021. The mazak has cooled ball screws, but other than that I could not see where the price difference was.

Nice, didn't see that you pulled the trigger on the DNM! How long have you had it and how is it treating you?

Hey man! Yea, just recently. Our Brother Rep's manager killed the deal on the W1000. Love Chris though, great guy. I won't have the machine until April time frame. Come one by after. Hope the Horizontal is treating you well! More uptick time?

Hey man! Yea, just recently. Our Brother Rep's manager killed the deal on the W1000. Love Chris though, great guy. I won't have the machine until April time frame. Come one by after. Hope the Horizontal is treating you well! More uptick time?

Horizontal is treating us great! Super productive machine. Too many things I like about it to count and only a handful of small quibbles, none of them particular important.

Good luck with the delivery and install of the Doosan! Seems like a perfect choice for you honestly.

Also, completely agree about Chris. Helpful, unassuming, and not pushy at all -- just about everything I want in a sales guy.

Mazak Ez16 was only 100k
Doosan DNM4500 was $110k
Haas VF2SS with same features was 90k

What is the difference between the EZ series of Mazaks and the standard models? Where does the "cheapness" come in? The DNM is linear, but so is most of the standard Mazaks. So to go even lower....

Mazak Ez16 was only 100k
Doosan DNM4500 was $110k
Haas VF2SS with same features was 90k

Aren't the EZ a new product line?

DNm4500 have been around. The one thing I do like about Doosan is in the last 2 years they have added 1gb dataserver, ATC door (prevent chips in the atc area), another light (right side of the machine) and updated the control. All because they do listen to their customer's feed back.

I was shopping for a lathe last year and when the Mazak guy was telling me about the new EZ series, he was rattling off a list that all sounded like things getting cheapened up, so I was immediately turned off. The regular QT was like 20k more than the Doosan (granted and 8" chuck vs. 6"), so I got the Doosan and it's a very nice machine. Next time I need a mill, I'll definitely check out Doosan again. Just my 2 cents, other guys here have more experience than me.

You'll probably have an easier time going from the Haas controller to the Fanuc of Doosan than the Mazatrol of Mazak.

Both of those machines have totally different XY sizes it looks like.
Doosan is a 30 x 20, while the Mazak is a 37 x 14? very odd size.
I'd be looking at the Okuma Genos M560V, it has a 20x40 capacity and Gosiger is right there in Ohio, they are top notch to work with I've been dealing with them for 20+ years.

Both of those machines have totally different XY sizes it looks like.
Doosan is a 30 x 20, while the Mazak is a 37 x 14? very odd size.
I'd be looking at the Okuma Genos M560V, it has a 20x40 capacity and Gosiger is right there in Ohio, they are top notch to work with I've been dealing with them for 20+ years.

The Okuma Genos is a great looking machine. I've got a quote on an M660.

Back