What's new
What's new

Mazak M6/M7 chuck clamp/unclamp...

stave drum

Plastic
I have a Mazak T-plus control that I'm trying to program a bar puller. I'm using manual process and when it gets to the
M6 chuck open it pauses then throws up an alarm "time out" then the chuck will open and the program stops. Can anyone
offer any advise as to what is causing this? Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Regards

You need to change a parameter to enable the machine to do bar pulling. Look in your parameter or electrical manual. It should say something like bar feeder operation. I don't have a T+ parameter book to tell you which one to change though.

Both of the above are on track: you need to look at your electrical manual at R parameters to enable chuck open and chuck close.

In operation, the spindle needs to be stopped before issuing the open/close command. I do not like enabling the 'open chuck while spindle turning', but it is possible, just dangerous.

Electrical Manual !

For T+, to enable auto chuck open/close, it is parameter R49, bit 0 or 1 (can't remember exactly). Your electrical manual will tell which...

Sounds like you might be able to fix it with a parameter.

If all else fails I got my T1 to open and close chuck for bar puller by adding a relay triggered by coolant pump. Wired it up so it would close the switch for the foot pedal when you turn coolant on. Works perfect. Just use M8/M9 while spindle is OFF to open and close chuck. After spindle is turning you can still use coolant because the foot pedal is locked out while turning.

Sounds like you might be able to fix it with a parameter.

If all else fails I got my T1 to open and close chuck for bar puller by adding a relay triggered by coolant pump. Wired it up so it would close the switch for the foot pedal when you turn coolant on. Works perfect. Just use M8/M9 while spindle is OFF to open and close chuck. After spindle is turning you can still use coolant because the foot pedal is locked out while turning.

I think so. This thread will be my next effort. Naturally I found it 10min after leaving the shop from 4hrs of jacking with this thing.

Mazak QT15 (T2) Bar Pull - OP1 Setting???

I don't know what changed, but this morning the machine fed great. Needed a little tweaking on pull dims but as long as it lands within the face-off length we're good, right?

Attached are pics of the parameters from my T32 manual and the parameter screen.
9ba40c6a920940d474fa6614eb0804cb.jpg
3506862f6eab07dab19ee547db13e8f2.jpg

Last edited:

Back