What's new
What's new

Mazak nexus and Smart turret index parameter

rickyski64

Plastic
We have quite a few Mazaks in our shop. All but three we are able to index using only the index switch. The two Smarts we need to press the MF1 key while indexing the turret. On one of our Nexus 250-II's we need to press both the MF1 and MF2 keys to enable turret indexing, which can be a pain at times. My question is if anyone knows of the parameter to disable the need to use the MF1 and MF2 keys and simply just use the index switch? I've tried looking it up on our manuals on our Smarts, but to no avail. Thank you on advance.

Are you having to do this when using the tool setter or when in just manual mode? If is just when using the tool setter you might want to rethink disabling that. Min has that when only using the tool setter and it has saved me a few times. But their is a parameter that you can disable it that you can get from Mazak.

No not while using tool setter. In manual mode. Ever since we reactivated our door interlocks, we had to index the turret on one of our 250-II Nexus by depressing both the MF1 and MF2 keys simultaneously while indexing turret during set ups. I looked through the manual which is available on our Smarts, but nothing came close except for SA144 bit 7, but that was not it. Kind of a pain in the neck. It may be a privilege parameter that isn't listed. Was hoping someone might know off hand. Thank you.

Ok, sounds like it might be a new safety feature. You could possibly call Mazak and get the parameter number to change. They are usually pretty quick about getting back to you.

Back