What's new
What's new

Mazak Pallatech issues with pallets with multiple jobs

pstokes15

Plastic
We have a Mazak Palletech system with 28 pallets and 2 HCN-4000 mach 3 horizontals. We have always struggled with 4 sided pallets that have 4 seperately scheduled jobs on them. For whatever reason, the PMC computer is always removing a job after we re-load it. It is so frustrating. Also, it is difficult to get these pallets to run when we are running in 'Mode 2' (auto power off mode). Anybody have any similar problems with this? Mazak said they would help us with a software upgrade but it only just became more of a headache than a solution.

Had customer that ran 4 sided pallets with different parts. They would have the first program be the one that was scheduled. And then that program would call up the others.

We are a production shop and our 4 sided pallets have 4 jobs with 4 main programs calling up multiple sub programs. I'm not sure what setting I may be missing while scheduling these jobs. When the pallet comes to the load station, it says to remove part but not 'fix' a new one, which means re-load.

Assuming all of the sub calls are good, check to see if these are all EXACTLY the same on the PMC:

Due Date
Priority Number
Process Priority (Shift 1, Shift 2, Prep, Hold)

Attribute needs to set to "BEFORE" (not "after")

This is how we have ours set...if this doesn't work, call the Mazak Palletech Guru, he's up in the Seattle area.

Steve

What does the attribute option do? I wasn't able to find anything on that in the PMC manual. I'm pretty sure ours are set to after, but I have been afraid to change it since I am not sure what it does. The applications guy that came out to teach us never said anything about it.

Back