Mazak posting a teaser of new EZ mill
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mazak posting a teaser of new EZ mill

I always thought when I saw the first machine they came out with the size of the main frame would be good for a smaller sized machine. Looks like they had that in mind all along.

https://youtu.be/Nhc3eu3jM6E

Charles

2. Likes cameraman liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlair View Post
    I always thought when I saw the first machine they came out with the size of the main frame would be good for a smaller sized machine. Looks like they had that in mind all along.

https://youtu.be/Nhc3eu3jM6E

Charles
    I agree ~ doesn't look too bad.

I.e. smaller travels and 14" deep table would make it proportionately more rigid than the VC EZ 20 - (their 40 x 20 of the same EZ "Line". ).

[ Wonder if that really helps the ergonomics / reach into the machine + tricky set ups ? (Over the 40 x 20 ) or VCN 40/20's ].

15K rpm spindle option,

30" X travel; 16.14" Y travel and 20.08" in Z travel.

14.17" by 37.40" table.

VC-Ez 16 | Mazak Ez

^^^ Then click "Specs" tab in lower half of page.

Doesn't look too bad on floor space;

__________________________________________________ __________

Seems they (MAZAK - vid) emphasizes possibility of several 4th axis rotaries.

I.e. the control can handle 4th axis positioning (and maybe full 4th contouring ?).

^^^ This is an animation for the (VC EZ 20 - the 4020 version - ) showing 4th axis rotary applications.

_________

Sort of a HAAS done the MAZAK way ... ;-)

But that gets you pre-tensioned ball screws,

High bandwidth control,

MX roller slides/tucks,

etc.

Coolant options don't look too bad.

+ 50 tool option.

4. Likes Jashley73 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not bad looking at all.
    The Mazatrol seems like it's really souped up too.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was on the horn with our Mazak dealer recently and the QT EZ line really caught my attention for a lathe. A standard QuickTurn with live tooling is gonna be at least $100K so having that lower price point is definitely a win with Mazak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by metalmadness View Post
    I was on the horn with our Mazak dealer recently and the QT EZ line really caught my attention for a lathe. A standard QuickTurn with live tooling is gonna be at least $100K so having that lower price point is definitely a win with Mazak.
    I had the two quoted earlier this year and the difference was around $47K more for the QT-250. I doubt the prices I got would be the same today but the spilt might be similar. This was for 10"MY models.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

10,582 pounds is pretty beefy for a 16x30 C-frame vmc!

Mazak is smart to offer these EZ machines at "Haas price points", as Haas has lost their edge in customer service, reliability, and cost.

Just look at how well Doosan has done taking on Haas!

And yes, the newest generation Mazatrol controls are quite remarkable, and the HMI seems to be leaps and bounds above anything else...

ToolCat

9. Likes Pete Deal, DouglasJRizzo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    10,582 pounds is pretty beefy for a 16x30 C-frame vmc!

Mazak is smart to offer these EZ machines at "Haas price points", as Haas has lost their edge in customer service, reliability, and cost.

Just look at how well Doosan has done taking on Haas!

And yes, the newest generation Mazatrol controls are quite remarkable, and the HMI seems to be leaps and bounds above anything else...

ToolCat
    Not to mention that Doosan is releasing even more machines at cheaper prices points like the SVM4100.

I think Haas is becoming less and less of a value buy than before...and I still wouldn't choose a Haas as my first choice of a value CNC machine anymore. They just don't have the advantage anymore. I guess technically they are made in America but...who cares.

For example, that Doosan comes with coolant thru spindle as standard! Last I checked CTS on a Haas is like 8-10K to upgrade

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not to mention that Doosan is releasing even more machines at cheaper prices points like the SVM4100.

I think Haas is becoming less and less of a value buy than before...and I still wouldn't choose a Haas as my first choice of a value CNC machine anymore. They just don't have the advantage anymore. I guess technically they are made in America but...who cares.

For example, that Doosan comes with coolant thru spindle as standard! Last I checked CTS on a Haas is like 8-10K to upgrade
    The thing is Doosan and now seems like Mazak are in the ball park price as a Haas.................not sure of this new Mazak line, but a Doosan VMC is leaps and bounds ahead of a comparable Haas unit.....................Same price(ish), but you get less machine with a Haas..................and blah blah blah...........the Haas control...........sure it is slick, but it's still attached to a Haas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mazaks are made in Kentucky. Still part of USA. One of the very least educated states in the country, but not Florence area I guess.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy887 View Post
    Mazaks are made in Kentucky. Still part of USA. One of the very least educated states in the country, but not Florence area I guess.
    Well, some Mazaks are made in Kentucky. I think most of us would rather get a Japanese built Mazak given the choice.

AFAIK they don't build any of the premium products here. Like with other big builders - it's just a way for them to get commodity machines into the local market. DMG MORI builds machines in California, but nobody is accusing them of being an American brand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy887 View Post
    Florence, KY is just across the river from Cincinnati, OH, so even though it's Kentucky, it's basically a suburb of Cincinnati, and thus fairly modern.

Mazak first built a machine tool plant in Florence in 1973, when Cincinnati Milacron ruled the CNC world. David was setting up shop in Goliath's back yard, eh?

ToolCat