What's new
What's new

Mazak QT-18 Alarm Code 256

Lyle2

Plastic
Web have a 1990 Mazak QT-18, Control Manufacture date 3-1990. We have a Number# 256 Alarm "Turret Rotation Prohibited' We cannot find any information as to what causes this alarm. We have tried reaching out to Mazak but with the age of this machine they cannot provide us any help. This is a full e-stop alarm and we cannot reset. Can anybody help with identifying what causes this alarm.

Last edited:
No.. It happened after homing procedure then changing tools for a new job when in stop with hydrauliuc power off. Operator said he noticed turret move a little because hydraulic holding power was off. Turned hyd. pump back on. cleared fault for hyd. power tried to index turret then 256 fault came on... we tried everything to clear fault 256 but nothing resets fault. I was hoping I could get a answere as to what condition causes this alarm...

We have a 87 QT-20, ?Have had the turret off a couple times. It is keyed when it does a index. I just do not see it move, i see the y drop. The alarm, i would look at the switches. Does the tool in position match the screen? I cannot tell you what caused it, we never shut the hyd. off to change tools out. Wish i could help more.

i have the same issue with the same age of the machine, how did you fix this issue ?

Back