What's new
What's new

Mazak QT100 & LNS Barfeed Quick Load 80 S2

fbergski

Plastic
Has anyone had experience using this combination? I don't understand how to program the machine to use the bar feeder with the turret as a material stop. I ran a test job with the bar feeder feeding the material out but the results were not good, inconsistent feed lengths. We program in Mazatrol but I think I'd have to position the tool in a G-code process. I've called both Mazak and LNS and got little help.

Any help would be appreciated.

You have to do it in manual program mode. We use an eco-load, but here Is how we do it. I guess I'm glad I didn't go with the servo load. According to the salesman the servo load didn't require the turret stop and that was the main difference between the two. But it seems everyone is using the turret stop with the servo load anyway??

Attachments

• KIMG0509.jpg
    KIMG0509.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 93
  • KIMG0508.jpg
    KIMG0508.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 118
For my test part I used a small main program to call the bar feeder then it called the main program. This is what I was told to do. Is this correct?

7999.jpg

My main issue is how do I call the tool when end of bar is reached as the bar feeder needs to eject the remnant? Wouldn't the tool be in the way?

What I sent you Is within the main program. The bar change program is separate from the main. You need to tell the main to continue at the end of the program. And there is a parameter to set for which prog# to use for the bar change program. The M69 tells the bar feeder to check for end of bar every cycle. I'm out of the shop for the day. I will send you a bar change program sample and the parameter # tomorrow morning

Lathe is new June 2019, Smooth C control. I'm doing just the opposite I think, the "main" program calls the bar feeder then it jumps into the machining program.

Well you have to have a program to do the bar change. Your control Is newer and your program looked different to me although I couldn't see the pic very good. I'm running a Nexxus640 control. Hang tight and I will send you what I have with an explanation of how we do this. Maybe It will help you out.

Ok, so the first pic I sent you was my main part program. You need to tell It to continue at the end of the program which you probably already are since you are bar feeding. I've attached a pic of my main program END line. As I mentioned the M69 checks for end of bar every cycle. At least that's the code for this setup. There is a parameter under machine parameters. Under the R1-80 tab. The parameter is R19. This tells the machine what program to go to after the feeder sends the end of bar signal. I will post a pic and you will see ours is set to 9999. You will see my bar change program # is 9999. I will post that next.

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

I assume you have a parts catcher on the machine? In my Main and my Bar Change program you will see an M48 and an M49. M48 parts catcher extend M49 parts catcher retract. So I am catching the end of bar Rem in the parts catcher during the bar change program. In your Bar change program END line you will need to also tell it to continue. Under Work No. on the end line enter your Main part program #. On this machine M69 checks for end of bar. M6 opens chuck M68 tells bar feeder to push the bar M7 closes chuck. Yours may be different, but that should help you understand what's going on in my programs. I put an M0 at the beginning of my Bar change program so I can run It through slow the first go. After I have proved out the Bar change I remove It and go full Auto. Be Sure!! That you have the Z-Offset for the Main and the Bar change programs set the same. If you have a bigger Z in the Bar Change the result is obviously not pretty. Not sure how much help this will be, but hopefully this gets you pointed in the right direction.

I also want to mention since I'm not sure how familiar you are with Mazatrol. When using Manual Program Mode be careful with your change point setting. If set to 1 the turret will go to the tool change position to index the turret, However If set to 0 It will index the turret wherever the previous tool finishes It's OP.

View attachment 281636

View attachment 281637

Thanks for the information, will have to sit and digest the instructions. I'll post my results later on, thx.

Back