What's new
What's new

MAZAK QUICK TURN SMART350 throwing ALARM #260 GREASE LUBRICATION

CC

Aluminum
Our MAZAK QUICK TURN SMART350 is throwing ALARM #260 "GREASE LUBRICATION" about once a day. Everything has been greased and seems to be fine. Can anyone explain the process of what sensors are being tripped to give the alarm? Any info is greatly appreceated. Thank you!

I get this from time to time if there are air bubbles in the lines. I am assuming you have the accordion style threaded grease tubes? If so look about an inch down from where it threads in for a grease zerk. Press the wrench key on the control, look for the aux menu and turn the grease pump on. While the grease pump is running ( you'll hear it) back of the grease zerk with a 5/16" wrench and bleed the air out of the system. You could also have a busted line, I had this on a 510c mill. A single chip made its way under the covers and up against one of the rubber (?) hydraulic lines for the grease and made just a large enough hole for it to detect a pressure drop (occasionally). Maybe pull back you way covers and look for a big glob of grease.

Back