What's new
What's new

Mazak tool transport system

316head

Aluminum
We are looking for an FMS expansion and this product came up. It may be state-of-the-art, but is it worth the salty price of two horizontal machining centers?

- Is it reliable?
- How much setup time does it reduce?
- Is it easy to use for operators?
- How many machines are there in your FMS cell where it is installed at the moment?

It sounds like an overkill for a two HMC cell, but sometime in the future, there may be four machines and the cost is most likely much higher. So, should we get it now or later?

Any info is really appreciated...
Thank you.

Only 240 or 330 tools for the stocker unit? Hmmm... you can find larger magazines on single machines? Seems odd. I would've thought it would have more capacity.

Is interesting to be able to share tools between machines though. As they point out, it could be handy for less commonly used tools.

Only 240 or 330 tools for the stocker unit? Hmmm... you can find larger magazines on single machines? Seems odd. I would've thought it would have more capacity.

Is interesting to be able to share tools between machines though. As they point out, it could be handy for less commonly used tools.

I thought multiple stockers were allowed? And one giant bee hive?

There are only a handful of those systems in the field that I'm aware of (Mazak guy). Split between Mazak factories and some very large OEM builders of heavy equipment. IMO you're better off in most situations getting larger tool hives at each machine along with an RFID chip system for the tools. Set the tools offline with a pre-setter and let the hive load in data automatically as tools go in and out. The hive load stations let you do 6 or 8 tools at a time while the machines are running.

Back