What's new
What's new

Mazak way covers

toolsteel

Titanium
The company I work for bought a new Integrex I200ST a year ago. A few days ago the way covers on the lower turret piled up. The tech who came in to look at it pointed out the smallest dings I have ever seen on a set of way covers and of course they will not be warrantied because of it. I have seen some beat up way covers before...and I understand why that would cause a pile up.....this is the lamest I have ever witnessed. We have other Integrex' in the shop that have also had way cover issues. These covers cost $5k-$10k .....
Aside from just venting a bit.....this has happened often enough to the machines we have that I am trying to decide if it is because of something we are doing wrong....or is this a design flaw. There is an awful lot about this machine that would make me recommend it to others.....but if $5k - $10k a year for way covers is common place, I would need to think twice.

I run an e-500 H II ..... And yes the way covers suck ass. I am currently on my third set and they are definitely pricey. I thought initially it was because the aftermarket steady rest and I still kind of think that. BUT..... We received a new 670 a couple of months ago and it's way covers have already come apart a couple of times so I feel your pain. You would think for a million bux a couple pieces of sheet metal wouldn't be such a problem

Back