What's new
What's new

Mazatrol M-32 troubleshooting 4th axis

asfva

Plastic
I recently bought a used Mazak AJV-32/605 with a Mazatrol M-32 control. This machine has a Tsudakoma 4th axis that I do not know if it came with the original set up on the machine. It had been sitting not under power for over 8 months and the control would not come up. After quite a bit of troubleshooting and reinitializing (With the original Meldas disks, System and Parameter/Macro). I now have X, Y and Z axis moving and can send to absolute home (zero). The 30 tool ATC magazine turns fine. Now when I try to do a tool change the door opens, the arm grabs the tool and moves over to the door and I get an alarm that says “4th axis origin return unfinished”. I know the servo drive for the 4th axis is not up as from left to right the servo drives read D1, D2, D3, A6.

I have a few disks that I found in the cabinet that are labeled (by hand not factory labels):

1.) Parameters w/4th axis option.

2.) AJV 32/605 Standard CMT mode
Parameter (1) mm
Parameter (2) inch

3.) AJV parameters
Track 1
Everything

Someone told me that I needed to get my hands on a Mazak Micro Drive and that my next step was to try and load one of these backup disks to get the 4th axis part of the control back.

I am looking to see if anyone here can possibly give me any advice. I could have made this a much longer thread but tried to basically cut to the chase with only information that is needed.

I know this is my first thread here so please criticize with ease if I have not followed proper protocol.

cordial greeting,

Sorry to bother you, we have a machining center of the same reference, but we don't have the parameters.

Could you do us the favor of supplying it. We can pay for them.

Back