Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on the new purchase. You will have to keep us updated once its up and running to see what you think of it. I have no doubt you will get used to it in a very short time and love using it.

2. Likes cameraman liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gixxergary View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a new Mazak 530C today. Lots of options added, but the big one is the 48 tool changer. 15k spindle. Chip converyor, 230 psi thru spindle coolant, air through also,expanded memory. Dual probe with inspection. Some other things I cant recall. Looking forward to loading that changer up with 40 tools that we use all the time. I think we can save 5 hours a week on this machine, by simply not having to load and unload tools all the time, along with the awesome chip conveyor with augers. Our haas machines just let the chips pile up. Unfortunately, it comes with a huge price tag. We have the work for it though.
    Awesome! What kind of spindle?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill3D View Post
    I haven’t read all the replies. But I am familiar with Capps. 1) don’t believe anything the salesman claims it will do or their “apps” guy until you actually put your hands on it and do it. 2) it’s not anywhere near what I’d expect conversational to be doing by now despite the slick dress they put on it 3) it will likely handle your simple fixturing needs 4) use Renishaw macros and not mori if running a toolsetter (not convo related but still, Mori’s is ass backwards and half-assed).

I hear better things about Mazak conversational but haven’t really had my hands on it.
    Absolutely right. The Mori salesman told us their conversational was Great! BLah Blah. Mori conversational sucks! Don't let anyone tell you different.

5. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Absolutely right. The Mori salesman told us their conversational was Great! BLah Blah. Mori conversational sucks! Don't let anyone tell you different.
    I would go as far to say that the Fanuc Manual Guide-i is the worst conversational out there on a lathe.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    I would go as far to say that the Fanuc Manual Guide-i is the worst conversational out there on a lathe.
    I attended a webinar where they demoed Manual Guide-1. What a joke. Mazatrol absolutely runs rings around any other conversational system.

8. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pulled the trigger on a new Mazak 530C today. Lots of options added, but the big one is the 48 tool changer. 15k spindle. Chip converyor, 230 psi thru spindle coolant, air through also,expanded memory. Dual probe with inspection. Some other things I cant recall. Looking forward to loading that changer up with 40 tools that we use all the time. I think we can save 5 hours a week on this machine, by simply not having to load and unload tools all the time, along with the awesome chip conveyor with augers. Our haas machines just let the chips pile up. Unfortunately, it comes with a huge price tag. We have the work for it though.
    Congrats!

It is a really nice machine.

Sometimes with some of the MAZAK vendors you can find some breaks on certain lines (of machines) (Up to almost 20% in some cases at certain times) but I found that there was zero wiggle/ haggling room with the 530C and those options really add up, just like with an Okuma Genos M-560V.

The 530C is very accurate and "Smooth" and is no slouch so it is possible to do very mold like/ very convincing near card carrying mold work, i.e. accurate 3d contouring.

By comparison a Makino PS 95 (which is not a mold machine but is surprising accurate and pretty rigid has a lot thrown in for about $140K BUT the controller is choked down so you can't do more elaborate/ sophisticated contouring so it does not step on the toes of the F5 (Don't know if the PS105 is different ?)) + not conversational in your case.

The 530C is built in Kentucky, maybe the lack of wiggle room (price wise) pays for everyone's health insurance etc.

Comparatively for conversational HURCO is really expensive IMO.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

@gixxergary
    you got yourself a fast accurate and productive machine that should pay for it's "sticker shock" pretty quickly (kinda like what you are saying 5 hours per week saved with 40 tools alone. 5 * $80/hr (1 shift) * 50 weeks * 5 years = $100K ). A $ saved is a $ made.

+ the machine is faster and more accurate than the Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaases. Fewer scrapped parts better surface finishes more productive and more powerful spindle. (HAAS is fine though if that works for yah applications / business "Space". )

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

15k oil air. 30 Hp

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

15% was the max discount, and they are offering 2.9 for 48 and 3.9 for 60. Nearly free money in my book. I think the price is fair, especially in this market.

12. Likes cameraman, cnctoolcat liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

15% was the max discount, and they are offering 2.9 for 48 and 3.9 for 60. Nearly free money in my book. I think the price is fair, especially in this market.
    That's superb !

I looked back through some of my old quotes and thought "Hey that's not tooooooooo bad " (not quite as sticker shokish as I remember (it's all relative)… since that time I have been able to see the machine in action and realize its pretty damn good.

Good deal !

Congrats !

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Awesome! What kind of spindle?
    HSK, Capto, or?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cat40
    Would love to have a C6 capto. Would have to tool up from scratch with it.

16. Likes HDFanboy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mazak's cost more, but with such a large user base in North America, they hold a very high resale value for years.

It's actually shocking what a less-than-10-year-old Mazak in good condition will sell for!

That's why the used Mazaks I buy are 20+ years old...haha

ToolCat

18. Likes cameraman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quality control sucks on the Kentucky machines. Every service guy we have had in says there is no comparison to the Japanese mazaks quality.
    Can't tell you how many calls we have made for nit picky stuff. Finding out parameters for options purchased arent turned on,loose screws everywhere,leaking windows,incomplete m code lists. Fortunately for you you are purchasing a high volume machine so I'm betting you will not see many issues.