What's new
What's new

MDI runs in rapid? (Anilam 3000)

M. Moore

Titanium
I am just learning my how to program the CNC on my Anilam 3000 control.
I think it is going well with a few hiccups.
I recently did a short program with MDI and cut a simple pocket, it was pretty easy to get what I wanted and I made the parts.
Today I wanted to check my Z settings and was just testing things by running the very short MDI program in the air.
They strange part was it ran the program in rapid? I tried to change the feed rate by selecting the “feed” button and inputting 10 and saving the setting. Nothing changed the program still ran in rapid.
I gave up and turned off the machine, we will see if it happens again.

Any ideas why it would run the program in rapid?

The rapid speed is 200IPM so I had to turn it down to 10% feed with the manual feed control and the speed was then 20IPM.

Thanks in advance I hope.....

Do you have a manual for this control? I used to write programs for an anilam 6400m control so I'm not exactly familiar with that control. You might be missing a variable that needs to be defined in the cycle your running. Try putting a F10. In the cycle. The only other thing I can think of is some sort of dry run is turned on in the control that is telling it to run at rapid speed. Dan

Dan,
thanks for the reply.
All is well after a reboot this morning.
Ran the same MDI program and it was all normal. Not sure what happened.
It is all new to me so it was probably something I did? Maybe hit a button by mistake that changed something?

I do have the manual but it is a bit short on explaining some of the info. There seems to be the assumption that the person reading the manual already knows how to program.
Certain things are missing, like explaining the inputs required for canned cycles. I mean just saying that the value should be a + or a - as required would be really helpful because it is not obvious. Rant over.

Hardplates,
Nothing is obvious to me at this stage......
This control is not a G-code system.

Another mystery is that when running a named program canned cycle the code is displayed on the screen as it is running and when running an MDI quick program there is no code or blocks (?) shown on the screen? It seems a bit odd not to be able to see the blocks while the program is running.

Back