Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is the cable configuration I use for Meldas controls. Uses hardware handshaking as I have found that more reliable than XON/XOFF for drip feeding.

9 pin (PC) 25 pin (CNC port marked NC on panel)
    2 -----------------------2
    3 -----------------------3
    4 -----------------------6-8
    5 -----------------------7
    6 -----------------------20
    7 -----------------------5
    8 -----------------------4
    Shield soldered to shell of 25 pin connector only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Weirdest thing...
    Not sure what I did but I am getting the control to output to the PC no problem now. How do I unlock the 9000 programs so I can send them out before I lose those? There are 3 on the control,only programs on there, that I guess involve toolchange and a few other things. It says something along the lines of locked if I try to send them but I can output parameters.

The problem now is that I cannot send from the PC. What is the procedure there? If I try to start from PC or control I get a "E60 IOP ERR -20". My settings for input and output on the IO parameters are set for the same port?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img-20180216-wa0001.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I try to use hardware handshaking on the PC side it says "TOO HIGH BAUDRATE". No matter how low I set it that comes up.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NAST555 View Post
    Weirdest thing...
    Not sure what I did but I am getting the control to output to the PC no problem now. How do I unlock the 9000 programs so I can send them out before I lose those? There are 3 on the control,only programs on there, that I guess involve toolchange and a few other things. It says something along the lines of locked if I try to send them but I can output parameters.
    There is a parameter that locks the 9000 series programs. I'll have to get that for you from my shop tomorrow.

The problem now is that I cannot send from the PC. What is the procedure there? If I try to start from PC or control I get a "E60 IOP ERR -20". My settings for input and output on the IO parameters are set for the same port?
    I'm not totally sure about that error code. I've only seen it once when my old USB to RS232 adapter died. I'll look for more info on it tomorrow.

When I try to use hardware handshaking on the PC side it says "TOO HIGH BAUDRATE". No matter how low I set it that comes up.
    I don't know the software you are using. Is is a download from Mitsubishi? If so, post a link and I'll look at it. Another thing to consider trying would be a "generic" CNC communication software. NC Link Free is pretty decent and all you have to do is register with OneCNC to get it.

CAD/CAM CNC | Downloads Page | OneCNC CAD/CAM Software

I have an old version that I used to use before switching to DNC4U. I can share settings in NC Link with you that may get everything talking back and forth more quickly.

Is your cable configured like I posted earlier? If it is not then I would not set the PC to hardware handshake and leave it at XON/XOFF. The hardware handshaking is only needed for best reliability when drip feeding a large program. The parameter files are not so large that they need that for transferring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    There is a parameter that locks the 9000 series programs. I'll have to get that for you from my shop tomorrow.

I'm not totally sure about that error code. I've only seen it once when my old USB to RS232 adapter died. I'll look for more info on it tomorrow.

I don't know the software you are using. Is is a download from Mitsubishi? If so, post a link and I'll look at it. Another thing to consider trying would be a "generic" CNC communication software. NC Link Free is pretty decent and all you have to do is register with OneCNC to get it.

CAD/CAM CNC | Downloads Page | OneCNC CAD/CAM Software

I have an old version that I used to use before switching to DNC4U. I can share settings in NC Link with you that may get everything talking back and forth more quickly.

Is your cable configured like I posted earlier? If it is not then I would not set the PC to hardware handshake and leave it at XON/XOFF. The hardware handshaking is only needed for best reliability when drip feeding a large program. The parameter files are not so large that they need that for transferring.
    Thanks so much!
    I did try the mitsubishi software with no luck, but reverted back to ONEDNC that I used to use. It is pretty much NC Link. I use OneCnc for my mills to program so I used to use it years ago to drip feed to my older Fanuc OM.With that I got it to output from the control but tried it a few days before and it did not work. I must have changed a setting somewhere without taking note. Funnily enough it started output at 19.2 baud rate and worked even though the machine is set to 9600. Whether I used 19.2 or 9600 it works even if I leave the machine at 9600.

At a quick look my cable seems to be setup like you posted.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Set parameters 1121 and 1122 to 0 to unlock your 9000 series programs.

Here is what I found about your E60 error:

E60 IOP ERROR - 20 (framing and H/W errors)
    • Setting for the bit length is incorrect. (Baud rate, stop bit, and
    character length)
    Check the setting of the I/O device system and its parameters
    and set it again.
    • Check the situations of the connected devices (cable wiring and
    noise measures).

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I've only seen this when there was a hardware issue at the PC, but it also looks like software settings on the PC could cause it too. Verify that all the PC and CNC values match.

Here is a difference I noticed:

In your picture attached to post #22 I noticed you are set to Port #2 which based on my machine is correct. In one of the pictures in post #19 your DATA IN and DATA OUT are set to port #1. I think you need to set those to port #2.

Post a picture of the ALARM screen and any additional pages it may have. I'd like to see the full scope of alarms and stop codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok,
    So I changed all the ports to 2 with no luck. Then I inspected my cable properly and noticed a few breaks in the cable. I tried to sort them out but I shake too damn much and my soldering skills suck to say the least so I sent it out to get made... Hopefully get it today or tomorrow.

Then I scrolled through the alarm page, see attached images, but funnily enough once I get to a certain screen the control freezes up again. The pics have all the alarms that I can see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc_0757.jpg   dsc_0756.jpg   dsc_0755.jpg   dsc_0754.jpg   dsc_0753.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok, hopefully the new cable helps get things talking.

Those alarms are all over the place. The most concerning to me is the Y03. This means the CNC is not seeing the drives on the bus. This may be a result of loss of option or configuration parameters or a hardware problem. Hoping it is just parameters. How to access the option/configuration parameters is something I have never been able to collect. I think they are in the first 25 lines or so of your parameter file because the list you showed earlier has data at the beginning that does not match the address of the start of "normal" parameters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Right,
    Just got the new cable and with the same result. I can send from the control but I get the same E60 error when trying to send. If I set the hardware handshaking the in onednc it gives me an error that says the baudrate it set too high and I cannot send or receive this way.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks again for your help!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Double check your comms parameters in the CNC match what you have set on the PC. In a couple of the pics you posted earlier, your PC was set to even parity and the CNC was set to odd parity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks!!
    So I tried to switch between parity with the same error. Then I switched parity check off at the control and it sent!!!
    Only problem was that it was only sending the first blank line of my test and not the rest. I then took out the first and last line option of % in onednc and the Control was saying it is a file duplicate because at the head of the file it had a O9111 (I was using this to test because its what I could send from the control). I deleted the program number, decided to start at computer and not control and now it works!!!

Right, now how to send the parameter file?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just adding pics for reference in case someone struggles with theirs,

On a side note, I assume you cannot upload pics from the mobile site?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc_0828.jpg   dsc_0827.jpg   dsc_0825.jpg   dsc_0826.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Parameters in!!! Used option 3 in the input screen. Changed onednc to NOT remove spaces as that gave me an error on the control side.
    I just want to thank Vancbiker for all your help!!

The problem now is I have a tool change file that is empty, phoned a tech and he said he will send me a pic of it from another machine in their showroom. I assume the two programs, "tool-file" and "cut-condition-file", that are empty were not backed up by the MTB as it should have been according to the tech. It should have been burnt on the chip along with the parameter file. It's weird that the on board restore didn't load the parameters correctly but from RS232 it did. There is an actual parameter program now on the control.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice work!

Did the Y02 alarm go away?

Is the tool change file what keeps track of what tool number is in which magazine position? IIRC, on my machine that is a very simple bit of data to set on the tool life management screens.

Does your machine have the simple conversational programming? On mine they called it "Dialog Program". I never use it so left the cutting condition data empty. I had hopes that it would give me more CNC program storage space like an it does on old Fanuc controls, but it did not. The missing cutting condition data does not cause an alarm on mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yup, all alarms disappeared. But then I noticed that the tool orientation was out a bit so messed around with that to get it right.

The tech sent me the "tool change" program. It pretty much only homes Z, orientates spindle, then says M6 and goes back into absolute mode. I'll be honest have not tried it yet because I was trying to dial the M19 in.

I then noticed that the tool change pot was down, which is an option to turn on and off in the process parameter page, so went to that page and the option is GONE??? So tried the Mcodes to pull it up or down with no luck. No movement at all.

Powered down and went home. Now this morning I am getting a Z31 data server error? This machine is driving me nuts

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just to add, it has Navi Mill on the conversational side, but I have never used it

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

......I then noticed that the tool change pot was down, which is an option to turn on and off in the process parameter page, so went to that page and the option is GONE??? So tried the Mcodes to pull it up or down with no luck. No movement at all.
    On mine, the process parameter page is for parts counter data, Canned cycle data, user travel limits, collision prevention data, etc. Nothing about tools or pots. That data is on a couple other pages called "REGISTER" and "LIFE". Mine does not have a pot up versus pot down since the toolchanger is similar to a Brother or Robodrill. If it did, it would most likely be under "PLC-SW" screen or "SETUP", "PLC" screen. When you say the option is gone, do you mean there is no text or no screen at all? Post a picture if possible too.

Now this morning I am getting a Z31 data server error?
    Per the alarm manual the Z31 alarm should have a code following it. Is there one? codes 0000 through 0003 plus 000A it says "set the parameters and turn the power off then on". The other codes relate to problems with the connection or data. My M50 does not have a data server available so I've never had to deal with problems there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On mine, the process parameter page is for parts counter data, Canned cycle data, user travel limits, collision prevention data, etc. Nothing about tools or pots. That data is on a couple other pages called "REGISTER" and "LIFE". Mine does not have a pot up versus pot down since the toolchanger is similar to a Brother or Robodrill. If it did, it would most likely be under "PLC-SW" screen or "SETUP", "PLC" screen. When you say the option is gone, do you mean there is no text or no screen at all? Post a picture if possible too..
    Yup you are correct, I had a brain fart. Found it under PLC-SW. On the process screen though the options for retract in G73 and G83, for example are set to, 0.0. It is as though those have all been set to 0.0

Per the alarm manual the Z31 alarm should have a code following it. Is there one? codes 0000 through 0003 plus 000A it says "set the parameters and turn the power off then on". The other codes relate to problems with the connection or data. My M50 does not have a data server available so I've never had to deal with problems there.
    I also had a look at that in the manual... But there are no codes after it, none at all. Just the Z31 which is confusing because as you stated in the manual it states the numbers after the error point you to what is wrong.

Now as another question. Once formatted and parameters that I had reloaded the control had a "Parameter file" program that I investigated more. It goes something like this,
    100, 000
    101, 000
    and so on. It has a few 100's then 200's up to 900's. It is very short, not many lines. When I sent it to my PC and then tried to send it back to the control using the INPUT and #3 parameter command I get an error. Are these maybe the options parameters? Scrolling through the parameters on the control I cannot find and #'s that low as they start from the 1000's from what I can see?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the option/configuration parameters are the first ones (N00001-N00032) that you showed in post #12.

Those do not output on my machine when I save the parameters by RS232. My file starts with the label PARA100 and the first address is N01001.

I'm thinking there may be a "service level" output mode that sends out PARA200 and N00001-N00032. If I have some time this weekend I'm going to poke around and try to figure that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the option/configuration parameters are the first ones (N00001-N00032) that you showed in post #12.

Those do not output on my machine when I save the parameters by RS232. My file starts with the label PARA100 and the first address is N01001.

I'm thinking there may be a "service level" output mode that sends out PARA200 and N00001-N00032. If I have some time this weekend I'm going to poke around and try to figure that out.
    Thanks so much,
    Any more ideas on the Z31? It is maybe linked to those parameters? Or perhaps the control is picking up that the IC card module is installed but not configured?