What's new
What's new

Meldas M300 Alarm 55 and 56 on drives

Hardplates

Stainless
I believe I have this issue solved but figured I would share incase someone else has a similar issue, since I know there are a couple guys here with similar controls. As to be expected the manuals are less than crystal clear.

So the other evening I shut down my 1989 Osaka Kiko PCV-40 just as I always would. Then the next day when I went to power it up it would not come out of e-stop and had servo and spindle alarms. The spindle and the X/Y drive had alarm 56 which I understand to be caused by another drive not being ready. All voltages were within an acceptable range (thou shall always check voltages). The Z drive had an alarm 55 which after a little reading seems to be commonly caused by a failing or failed contactor inside the drive itself. Unfortunately the contactor was in good working order...and nothing appeared crispy on the high voltage business side of the drive. Long story short there is a I/O PC interface (looks like a solid state relay to me) that energizes the coil of the contactor which I will add would pull in for a second when powering on the machine and then drop out. Pulled the I/O off the board and tested it with and without a load and could not get it to work. Soldered some test wires to the back of the board and reinstalled it and there is 5 volts coming to the input side of the I/O from whatever drives it. At this point I feel it is safe to say this I/O MATSUSHITA OAC/15-4-AL is bad and the cause of the problem. I need to pull the drive back out and look closer to see if I can replace this component with an old fashion relay which the X/Y drive appears to use instead.

I will post up some pictures of this debacle later on today.

I need to find a replacement unit but for the time being I have a transistor and relay bodged in there so I can use the machine.

I'll be spending the next few days picking up a bunch of stuff I won at an auction and likely won't be giving the search for this I/O device much attention so if anyone has one they would like to sell or an old burnt up drive or whatnot please let me know.

I would like to fix the drive correctly and with the correct parts but I'm not in a big rush since the machine is operational again.

Attachments

• okk5.jpg
    okk5.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 83
  • okk4.jpg
    okk4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 116
  • okk3.jpg
    okk3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 76
  • okk1.jpg
    okk1.jpg