What's new
What's new

Meldas M64B, need help, no spec error! upgrade M50-M64

chevydyl

Aluminum
hey all, im back with my retrofit upgrade. my m50 finally breathed its last breath, so i tossed in the m64b i had got awhile ago, in the past the 64 would not take my 50 plc file, so with nothing to lose now i hand entered the 2000 steps.... geesh. im going to paste an email i sent to Mitsubishi regarding this issue. it will not let me set work offsets. what i need is someones ALL1 file from a similar type machine, simple 3 axis vertical with tool changer. it takes my m50 ALL1 file but isnt right. Mitsubishi thinks that because i dont have an m64 file it reverted to base specs, like base model no options... they advised me to try and find someone that would allow me to try there file, they also where going to search their database for a file i can try, to at least get the control to a M control. right now its an M64B-D, D meaning drill. although it came from a VMC. @vancbiker may recall me posting of this in the past. and i know @NAST555 has an M64 control, this is kind of my last chance before i have to send the control in. i would like ro express that if an ALL1 file is shared with me i am fully responsible for its use on my machine, at this point covid has beat me down, loss of clients and then my machine going down. anyway help is greatly needed. heres the enail contents explaining the issue btw the machine is an Amera-Seiki DTM-40

ok ladder is hand loaded, still get the no spec for work offsets, in mdi if i call g54 or any of em i get an error no spec. (although the control boots with G54 active on the bottom......) also when i first turned the control on i went looking in the parameters (before installing files or initializing RAM) and wow, there is a ton of the bit select parametrs turned on, keep in mind this control has been formatted and initialized several times by me, with my 50 parameters loaded. its all cleared out now based on me loading my m50 3 parameters file. i also noticed that the Ethernet settings were populated, no ethernet card though. i have pictures of all this (thought maybe i would turn on them bit select parameters). i have also gotten the control to go to ready state, spindle runs, axis move about half an inch in the zr-rtn mode. there was an emg para alarm for the door interlocks, which i found in the book and set, then another that i found in the book and set and wallah, ready state. machine is still unusable at this point. when i loaded my ALL1 file using the 1060 64 S input it wont let me format the control right away, NOT ACCEPTABLE error, although on the option page it shows several option populated. so i power throw and then format, it seems like it removed several option codes when this was done....i think it went from 6 option in the first row to 4 options. Im desperately standing by, this covid crap has hurt me bad, materials were unable to make it up to Alaska for my main client.
just one page, but every bit select parameter was like this, except the plc data bit select page, all * but a couple which had numerical characters, not just 1 or 0, even showed a - sign.

IIRC the spec parameters are in the first several lines of the ALL1 file for the M60 controls which is different than the M50. I though I might of had an ALL1 file for an M60 series on my shop computer from trying to help someone else but could not find it.

they are the same, my m50 options load into the m60 on the option page but there is one glitch. however Mitsubishi effin killed it on this one for me, sent me a file that made my control an 64M-B, (machining center control) and a slew of options to include the 48 work offsets, high accuracy control mode, computer link B, graphics trace, only have 2 option slots not active, so i dont have high speed machining mode or memory upgrade, which sucks cause my 50 had 128k, now im at 32k but i do believe that i have the ethernet and data server options now, just need to buy the 1000 dollar card to use it lol, thats the pcma card thing which i believe you have on your 50. thats awesome that mori went all out on that thing

edit: i should restate, the option codes may differ, or do, but they do load into the m64, but nothing was unlocked. and the 50 is hardware dependant on the control type, M, L, G, you tell it after the initialization what control it is, where as the 60 series is software chosen, based on your ALL1 file, reason why my m64 became an M64B-D after initialization, then load the ALL1 file and it became a 64M-B, but could be chosen to be the L system, G system with just the file change

I had the same error after charging the parameters due to the dead battery.
This service from India helped me for a fee (but it's cheap).

Hemanth Parvathaneni

Manager - Operations

14/36, Balwanth Reddy Building • Balanagar Hyderabad-500037
S&J Automation solutions

+91-9962328434
[email protected]
Home | S&J AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS

Hello and sorry for bumping old thread.
I own an Ares-Seiki R510 mill, which is M64-based, which has the very same problem as chevydyl's machine. Config menu shows it is Meldas 64D-B system, and no options except the very basic ones work.
I'm currently trying to get it back to work. Chevydyl, can you share ALL1 file that you have loaded to your machine? At least I would have something to compare machine's ALL1 to. I can give you my e-mail in PM, if you don't wish to share it here.

Back