Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its far more convenient changing the Tool Change position by specifying a Machine Coordinate System position with G53 than having to change the parameter setting for G30.
    Most of the time and in most situations I would agree with that. For me it all boils down to, Ok, I have 3 reference points at my disposal. My parts are generally the same size so if I "Set and forget" my alternative ref points and just make a visual marker on the machine it's just kind of handy. Sure, You can always call up a G53 with Neg values to really get up close and personal but over 3 or 4 feet a few inches of tool change clearance is plenty. Our Toolmex is 60" swing by 708" between centers and I have the ref markers set about every 15 feet and very seldom needed G53.

I really wish Fanuc would incorporate Siemens M6.1 for tool changes. Just jog the turret up to your longest Z tool then same with X tool and press (Tool Change position set) and just use M6.1

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    .......I really wish Fanuc would incorporate Siemens M6.1 for tool changes. Just jog the turret up to your longest Z tool then same with X tool and press (Tool Change position set) and just use M6.1
    A person could write a macro........

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And assign that macro to an M-code...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe the lathe already has a macro for doing this. Ill check tomorrow. It does have a few programs/macros that start with program number 9000. I know 2 of them find the steady rest and tailstock so you can pin them and move them to new location.

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A person could write a macro........
    Can a soft key be created on Fanuc controls to execute a macro without being in MDI or Run mode? Not being sarcastic, Really don't know about creating soft keys on Fanuc.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Can a soft key be created on Fanuc controls to execute a macro without being in MDI or Run mode? Not being sarcastic, Really don't know about creating soft keys on Fanuc.
    Softkey functions are implemented through the ladder or builder U/I so no reason/need to use a macro then. The function's instructions would hard coded into the ladder or U/I program. Not something an end user would have the tools to do.