What's new
What's new

Micro DNC 2 to Acramatic 2100

Gavin Perkins

Plastic
Has anyone here set up the DNC program transfer for one of these to a Cincinnati with an acramatic 2100D controller?

i've been bumbling about changing the setting but getting nowhere.

I have a setup working with a laptop but i cant input the exact same setting into the DNC box.

Micro DNC: Amazon.in: Home & Kitchen

It's been a while since I used the 2100 but did you make sure the DNC option was enabled on the control? The best I remember I had to buy the machine monitoring option to get DNC and Ethernet flowing. You being in the UK should have loads of old techs that could give you a hand. Be careful dicking with that control, it's so sensitive to changes it can get real expensive real fast.

Yeah, I've not been bashing away at settings in case something goes awry, I have only been adjusting the CNC communications, data bits, parity, stop bits, etc, just seeing if anyone out there has successfully used this device.

I would think that option is enabled I couldn't see anything that would make me think that's a DNC option.

I have been able to send/receive/DNC programs off my laptop.

it sounds like you're trying to use RS232? if its an A2100 then its really easy to add proper networking...

Yeah I am using RS-232 drip-feeding I have managed to get it working after liaising with the seller so that works fine.

It is an A2100D control, I looked into the networking, and don't you have to have the option installed on the machine?

Yeah I am using RS-232 drip-feeding I have managed to get it working after liaising with the seller so that works fine.

It is an A2100D control, I looked into the networking, and don't you have to have the option installed on the machine?

It's been a long time for me as well, but I was able to add an ISA format network card to one and get it on a network, since it was Windows NT it was fairly straightforward. Then we set up the programmers computer to have the machines hard drive in his "Send To" menu. I believe it went to "D:\mustang\user". Not positive. He would then just right click on a file, go to "Send To" and the machine was on the list.
Then he had to go to the machine and load it from that folder.

Back