What's new
What's new

Milacron Arrow 1500 Realtime time issues

WrenchX1

Plastic
Hello,
I'm curremtly having issues with the realtime board on a 1998 cincinnati milicron arrow 1500. the machine will at random alarm out for "realtime timeout" and the Z axis will make a sudden drop (roughly .125") at what seems to be full rapid. It has been looked over by multiple local CNC tech's and none of them seem to have any answers as to how and who can fix this issue. MAG IAS, LLC was also contacted and tech support told us to set the jumpers on the RTCPU from 100MHz to 80MHz. this fixed the realtime issue but created more alarms, "once per pocket switch failure" and "tool drum1 not parked". I also have recently replaced the power supply as i was told it may be where the problem is coming from, but it hasn't changed the issue with the timeout. So far the problems still seem to point to the RTB, If anyone can tell me where i can have the RTB replaced/refurbished or get me pointed in the right direction on how to troubleshoot this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Bumping this back to the top...

Our old hag has been tossing up a baker's dozen of these gems a day lately...

Any ideas?

C4?

:fight:

We have 3 Cincinnati's one 1997 arrow 1000 that we bought new runs 12 hrs a day good we replaced our realtime board about 2 years ago with another machine that we scraped for parts and is up and running again our priced for a new one was 3500 wow! I have found that our brake will not turn on fast enough when we get some alarms and the head will drop about .1 or if power goes out it will also drop.We bought two used 2002 arrow 750 one is good and one has ghosts we also have had tech guys work on the one and can not seem to find the problem, I have to leave the machine on because if I turn it off, in the morning I will keep getting axis pulse alarms or simo drive 611 alarm after about 2 hrs of being on seems to fine.Sorry I could not help you with your problem I am new to this forum and I am trying to find someone who could help me with all the corks that came with this used machine.

Cheers Ron

Bumping this back to the top...

Our old hag has been tossing up a baker's dozen of these gems a day lately...

Any ideas?

C4?

:fight:

how old is the control power supply? I have had to replace power supply units that more or less worked but had nuisance alarms. sometimes I can only attribute it to electrical noise on the incoming lines. Sometimes a real time board is on the way out..... is there any one situation it throws it in most often or random?
I have 5 operational and a 6th complete parts machine, sometimes all you can do is swap out parts and try it. I bought the 6th due to the price of boards.....

I have two Arrow 750"s. I found a guy who helped me out with a hard drive clone and R/T board, he did a great job. This was two years ago, I got two machines and all the tooling for almost nothing. I have a board that needs to go out right now and was going to look him up this coming week. I will find out if he is still into it and post his contact information as soon as I can.

Are you talking about the power supply for the a2100 control or the one that runs the drives,we replaced the power supply for the control and spent 3000 on the power supply for for the drives.I have had electrical noise alarms,and kept getting c axis alarms played with the grounds on the ground bar on the bottom on the machine,have not had a c axis alarm in two weeks.I am clueless why the machine has such a hard time in the morning if we shut it off will just leave on 24/7 for now.What years are your 5 machines do any of them have programmable coolant?
Cheers Ron

Have you checked in the uk we were told we could not get spindle bearings for our machine so I check on line and got them in the uk for much much less even with shipping.Mag was triple the cost and told us 4 months to have them made.
Cheers Ron

I forgot about this. I know of a guy who can replace hard drives and fix Real Time boards, I will post it tomorrow. I get busy and forget this stuff please PM me if I don't get it posted tomorrow. Not many people can fix this stuff so it's good to have some names and numbers.

Ron

Looking at a 1500 locally that "doesn't start". Unsure what that means, and it's a surplus place with no history on it. Looks ok shape. Parts still available for this??? Or is it junk.

There are a few privateers still around for service. If you have to deal with the current owner of the brand it will cost way to much.Current owner = a French group known as "Fives" rhymes with thieves.

$5k sounds good for a Vickers machine but really depends on what needs to be done, so many electrical parts are starting to show their age and I am just waiting for ours to lose something small and take the whole thing out with it. If it's a Siemens machine I would not touch it with a 10' pole, we currently have a 1000 that has been offline for over 10 years with continuous and varied electrical issues and the emails back and forth read as a guide on how not to buy a machine tool.

Fives was recently "proud" to present me with a quote for a 750 and they hit me with $23k with no core refund. Even a rebuild from an outside source still cost $5k with us providing bearings.

Back