What's new
What's new

Mill tools

MRudisill

Plastic
Newer to the field, my current workplace is looking into buying a new mill. I am curious if anyone has input as to good companies for tooling, especially any that might offer a basic package to get going. Mainly concerned with holders / collets, we have a fair number of bits and things, but would like to hear all input to help make some decisions.

Thanks in advance.

Thread might get locked for non-descriptive title.

That being said, the one company I know for sure does a new machine tool package program is SECO. In my experience their mill tools are mostly all bulletproof also. I don't remember the details of the program they run though. I've got the number of a great rep here in MI if you're interested in speaking to him.

I'm sure most of the big companies will run some sort of promo for tooling up a new machine.

I will make sure to give more info in title next time. It would be great to have contact for a good rep in Michigan.

Newer to the field, my current workplace is looking into buying a new mill. I am curious if anyone has input as to good companies for tooling, especially any that might offer a basic package to get going. Mainly concerned with holders / collets, we have a fair number of bits and things, but would like to hear all input to help make some decisions.

Thanks in advance.

Most tooling companies will have a cert for a new machine purchase. best thing is to have a discussion with your machine tool sales rep and discuss with him abou it. He or she may have a suggestion based on experience and the best bang for for the buck.

everyone will tell you what or who they have used in the past and i could tell you to contact a sales rep from my employer(Ingersoll cutting tools) but i am not, that's up to you.

If this is a new venture for your company and you are not working with a distributor, find one and have this discussion with them too.

Back