What's new
What's new

milling machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulJameson

Plastic
we have a large milling machine in the shop and sometimes the phase breaks down somewhere and shortens it
milling-machine-guard-500x500.jpg
as be in such a situation can and with burn ?

Attention! If there are oil and will rotate?

During times of abnormal stop, do not touch the machine recklessly. While for touching the machine, confirm the state well.

oil here.jpg

I don't think English is his native language.

I read it to mean his mill has electrical shorts and he's asking about a burn hazard, fire or personnel I'm not sure.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It's hell communicating when your native language is not English. At least he is trying.
This might go better is the OP (original poster) has a good conversation with a local and then re-posts.

First thing is to have a ground from the machine frame to a good earth ground. I have one that is legal, as per code, but worthless in dry ground: so I also bond to a copper water pipe -> to my well head.
With a good machine ground you at least protect yourself from wiring to machine shorts and usually make the problem more obvious.
"like a big flash/bang and a blown fuse or breaker. Now you have something to troubleshoot. Phase to phase is just a wire problem.... as if the other isn't. :-)
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back