What's new
What's new

Milltronics making weird moves.

DavidFox

Plastic
I'm running Camworks programs on a Milltronics RH25 with a Centurion 6 Controller, and I'm running into a weird issue. In the middle of some operations, it's making a really long linear move out to the edge of the part and back again before continuing the toolpath, or if it's volumilling, it will sometimes make a full circle outside the feature and then continue as though nothing happened. I can't find these moves anywhere in the G code, and it doesn't show up when I simulate the program in Camworks. I've seen it happen with conversational programs as well. Also, sometimes it doesn't do it if I start the program at that tool rather than from the beginning. Has anyone encountered this before? Can anyone help?

Edit: Centurion 6 controller, not a Centurion 8. Ours is so dirty I can barely read the markings.

Last edited:
I don't know about the Centurion 8, but the Centurion 7 and earlier controls had a parameter which I believe is called "trig help" that would cause the control to make unexpected movements in certain situations.

The post for my cam program inputs the code PB81=2 at the beginning of the program to turn off the parameter and PB81=1 at the end of the program to turn it back on.

I think the trig help may be required for the conversational programming, but doesn't seem to be necessary for g-code programs.

It is most likely an issue with points meeting, in your CAD there is most likely a break in your tool paths, it could also be incorrect IJK's. At least that is where I have seen similar behavior crop up.

It might have something to do with minimum arc length. Not radius but length. If the end point is so close to the start point, it may cause the control to think of it as a full circle. This happens a lot in CAM systems. But it is a control issue on interpretation. Try changing your CAM system to out put a longer minimum arc length or find the parameter that controls this.

Paul

Back