What's new
What's new

Milltronics MB-18 Alarm

ihugh

Plastic
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post and I'm hoping and against hope that someone will have run into this same or similar issue.

I just bought a used MB-18 Milltronics bed mill with (according to the previous owner) had a bad X axis servo drive. So going into it, I knew it had an issue. However, when I power up the machine it goes right to "error code 450" which I can clear. Then it faults to "error code 499" X axis. OK.. Milltronics tech says to swap all the leads, plugs to see if the fault follows. I did that and the display still says the same thing.

Here are my questions:

- only one servo unit shows an illuminated green LED (y axis) both Z and X are not lit They have power going to them..
- in reading through the other threads, it seems there can be lot's of issues with limit switches, servo wiring, etc.
- without pulling both servo units and sending them off, is there a way to check them will still on the machine?
- another thing that happens, is when I clear the error code 450 and push 'Home" i hear the contactor energize for a second or so, then drops out.

At this point I'm stumped and although Milltronics has been pretty helpful, it's not a new machine and I'm not sure how much time they'll want to spend on this...

Besides dropping this mass of cast iron into Mobile Bay, could some one offer some insight?

Thanks so much!

Ihugh

Servo drives

Can you tell me what the manufacturer and model number of the drives are ? Makes a big difference when trying to troubleshoot.

Hi repair Guy

Thank you for your message!

All 3 of the drives are Yaskawa Servopack SGDB-10 ADG

The only one of the 3 that had a "green light" was the Y. The other 2 seemed dead as doornails.

When I swapped the "good" unit to the other axis, I was able to get the position readout on the monitor to change. So at least that's encouraging...:)

When you swapped the good drive did it have a green or red light or none? Unfortunately you need a separate display plugged into the drive to see the errors. With no lights on the drive either it’s toast or the single phase power circuit is not connected. The power for the drive control circuit is on the r and t terminals of the drive not the R S T terminals.

Servo drives

When you swapped the good drive did it have a green or red light or none? Unfortunately you need a separate display plugged into the drive to see the errors. With no lights on the drive either it’s toast or the single phase power circuit is not connected. The power for the drive control circuit is on the r and t terminals of the drive not the R S T terminals.

Thanks again Repair Guy!

Since all 3 drives were connected in parallel and only one showed the indicator light,it sounds like I have 2 bad drives, not just one. :(

Do you know of anyone who might have some of these lying around???

All the best.

ihugh, you may try Electro-Mech Tech Services in Cologne Mn.
The owner is Bob McManus a former Milltronics tech. he is the fellow I have used for parts for my Milltronics VMC
Dave

Hi Again

Does anyone have a Yaskawa Digital Operator I can buy or rent to reset my Milltronics servo parameters? It has to be "JUSP-OP02A-1"

Thanks!

Back