What's new
What's new

Milltronics Partner 1 Series H - New Owner - NEED HELP!

shaffin

Aluminum
Hello All,

I just acquired a used Milltronics P1 Series H mill with a manufacture date of 518. When inspecting we were able to power up the machine and jog all the axis as well as run a small program with all axis moving as they should. The problem is the 7.5HP spindle! The spindle does not respond at all nor does it run. I can spin it with my fingers when the machine is powered on. When issuing the command from the controller to start the spindle there is no error coming back from the Centurion controller :cryin:

Trying to trace the issue further, it seems the Spindle Inverter is dead. The VFD inverter is the Saftronics PC-3 and on checking the input leads there is power but nothing on the display as well. My questions are:

1. Can someone help decode the year of the machine (guessing 1995)?

2. Since Saftronics PC-3 is not available anymore, can someone recommend where to get a make a model replacement that work with this machine? As we as setup process including instructions setting up the appropriate parameters?

3. Does anyone have any soft manuals for this machine - wiring, mechanical, etc.?

4. Did these machines come with rigid tapping or was that an option? if so, how do I find out if it does have rigid tapping?

Finally, any general feedback on this mill (good, bad)?

Thank you all for your time and comments.

Sam.

Hello All,

I just acquired a used Milltronics P1 Series H mill with a manufacture date of 518. When inspecting we were able to power up the machine and jog all the axis as well as run a small program with all axis moving as they should. The problem is the 7.5HP spindle! The spindle does not respond at all nor does it run. I can spin it with my fingers when the machine is powered on. When issuing the command from the controller to start the spindle there is no error coming back from the Centurion controller :cryin:

Trying to trace the issue further, it seems the Spindle Inverter is dead. The VFD inverter is the Saftronics PC-3 and on checking the input leads there is power but nothing on the display as well. My questions are:

2. Since Saftronics PC-3 is not available anymore, can someone recommend where to get a make a model replacement that work with this machine? As we as setup process including instructions setting up the appropriate parameters?

3. Does anyone have any soft manuals for this machine - wiring, mechanical, etc.?

4. Did these machines come with rigid tapping or was that an option? if so, how do I find out if it does have rigid tapping?

Sam.

Just call Miltronics. They have all your answers and will help trouble shoot over the phone. 9five2 442 141zero

Hello All,

Sam.

The date code 518 = 1995 18th week
ridged tap was an option. look for an belted encoder mounted in the head, remove the fiber glass cover and look in the right side.
Lots of people love these machines, can run on 1PH, easiest control to lean to use, lots of programming power on the conversational side.+++

I have replacement drives available,

PM me for more info.

Sportybob

Thanks for your response Sportybob, much appreciated!

I have since been able to find a Yaskawa F7 inverter that I was able to install, and from what I can tell, the spindle does engage, orient and perform a tool-change successfully!

I am now at a point to load up the tool-changer when I came across the documentation that the pull-studs for this spindle requires a CAT40 60 degree angle :-(

Does anyone know if this machine will work with the regular 45 degree angle on the pull-stud (retention knob)?

Thanks again for all the help!

Sam.

Thanks for your response Sportybob, much appreciated!

I have since been able to find a Yaskawa F7 inverter that I was able to install, and from what I can tell, the spindle does engage, orient and perform a tool-change successfully!

I am now at a point to load up the tool-changer when I came across the documentation that the pull-studs for this spindle requires a CAT40 60 degree angle :-(

Does anyone know if this machine will work with the regular 45 degree angle on the pull-stud (retention knob)?

Thanks again for all the help!

Sam.

GET THE CORRECT PULL-STUD! Do not take a chance on damaging the spindle, or any innocent (or not so innocent) bystanders!

Back