Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mini mill worth?

Hey guys I am wondering what a 2016 haas mini mill would be worth. It has high speed machining, max spindle speed 6000, ridged tapping, and has 700hrs spindle time. I dont know much about what machines are worth.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just watched an auction online yesterday that occurred in Tempe, AZ. They had a handful of MiniMills (aged 2012 and older - I think there was a redesign in 2013). The two newest machines went for $20k+18% buyer's premium. These were sold on an as-is basis as is the case with most auctions. The older machines with the older controls went for $10-13k.

My thoughts after watching a bunch of these auctions is that $20k for a 2012 MiniMill in 'as-is' condition was a little steep, but auction prices can vary easily by 20% for a variety of reasons which are sometimes unrelated to the machine's options, age, and condition. Not quite what you asked, but hopefully this is somewhat useful.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if you are selling, and the machine is in Idaho, I might be interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it getting sold I would be vary interested in it ,,, Have cash and trailer ..

Is it a nex gen or original control ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

25K is a pretty good price to pay for one of these used. Fair on both sides

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It has the next gen control. I am actually looking to buy it. My neighbor is selling it and I was just wanting to know the worth. His price is around 27k all tooled up with a vise for me. So I was just wanting to know if that's a fair price. From what research I did. It seems very fair.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Go to the Haas site and build a new one and see what it costs, then look at the difference between it and the $27k for the used one. Decide if it’s worth giving up a warranty and 4 years newer for the discount. Haas charges for things that should be standard in a new machine (rigid tapping and HSM are two that come to mind in my opinion)
    The new machine will be lots more money , especially when you start getting lured in with expensive options like probing.
    I was pricing new TM2P and Supermini mills and had to talk myself off the ledge and got a small Fadal. The SMM was pushing $60k optioned up.

There are lots of small Haas for that kind of money, including TM mills which have lot bigger table and travels , but slower.

If that mill fits your needs, knowing the owner (hopefully history) and being local is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cspycrm321 View Post
    It has the next gen control. I am actually looking to buy it. My neighbor is selling it and I was just wanting to know the worth. His price is around 27k all tooled up with a vise for me. So I was just wanting to know if that's a fair price. From what research I did. It seems very fair.
    The best part of the deal might be your neighbor knowing how to run it if you are new to CNC machining.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gundog View Post
    The best part of the deal might be your neighbor knowing how to run it if you are new to CNC machining.
    Yes very helpful. But I currently run a dm2 at work. I am self taught with fusion 360. I am a mechanical engineer that specializes more in cad design so fusion came very natural to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cspycrm321 View Post
    I own a used equipment dealership and i think that is a fair price if the machine is good. Good deal!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree that is a reasonable price. I am up in N Idaho, if you are up this way, I can lend a hand if you run into any issues.