UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Minimum cutting feed rate brother c-00 control

Hey guys,

So as you know, I recently purchased a s700. I'm trying to set my first job on the machine. When I post the program from fusion and for example the program calls out a F10 in cutting move, the feed if actually moving if F78.74. and that goes for all the tools I have set up for this particular job. If I change that said feed from 10 to 100, then it will cut at 100. It almost feels like there is a parameter set in the control that overrides to a minimum value of F78.74.

Anyone have any idea where going on?

FYI this if a demo machine from yamazen.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No idea but I use decimals for all my feed rates on ours and haven't had that issue. I have fed as slowly as 3ipm.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sage9984 View Post
    Hey guys,

So as you know, I recently purchased a s700. I'm trying to set my first job on the machine. When I post the program from fusion and for example the program calls out a F10 in cutting move, the feed if actually moving if F78.74. and that goes for all the tools I have set up for this particular job. If I change that said feed from 10 to 100, then it will cut at 100. It almost feels like there is a parameter set in the control that overrides to a minimum value of F78.74.

Anyone have any idea where going on?

FYI this if a demo machine from yamazen.
    Post your code. Not likely a demo will be set up with weird parameters in metric, but possible. Your 78.74 number makes me think there is something in the background set to metric. If your dry run key is pressed, that may run a LOT faster depending on what the parameter is set for dry run mode. It is not necessarily the same as programmed feed rate.

4. Likes BROTHERFRANK liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So my dry run was clicked. I left for the day. Will have to try doing it on Wednesday with it clicked off.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sage9984 View Post
    So my dry run was clicked. I left for the day. Will have to try doing it on Wednesday with it clicked off.
    Just raise your Z offset enough to clear the material, or leave the material off the fixture or out of the vise, and run your program.

My machines came with various setting in the dry run parameters. One of them was sort of normal, one had me puckered up pretty good. There's lots of parameters to fine tune things. I don't know your local Yamazen guys, but the crew here (BrotherFrank and 2outof3) is awesome if you have a questions. There's some pretty bright guys on this forum with Brother machines.

You are going to love it!!!!
    Last edited by eaglemike; 12-24-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you sir! I looked everywhere through the control and even the manual and didn't find anything. Who knew it was as simple as the dry run button. I will test it on Wednesday and report back! Happy holidays to all!

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I went to check on one of my guys and see how he was making out...

“It’s a little fast” was his only criticism as he was sitting at the table deburring parts.
    “I bet it was” I retorted as I reached up and turned off dry run.

He never made that mistake again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

factory setting for the dry run feedrate is interlinked with the rapid/high speed manual positioning setting. These are the settings for X,Y,Z and 4th jog keys. In other words on the Manual Conditions screen, if this setting is lower, say at 25%, the dry run feeds are more normal. If you set the high speed or rapid positioning to 100%, the dry run will fly in feed mode.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemike View Post
    Just raise your Z offset enough to clear the material, or leave the material off the fixture or out of the vise, and run your program.
    I'm not at a control right now, but there's a setting to automatically raise Z by X amount during dry run. I've got mine set at 2.0 inches.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm not at a control right now, but there's a setting to automatically raise Z by X amount during dry run. I've got mine set at 2.0 inches.
    That's where mine is too.
    I was trying to give him a way to proof without using dry run, or trying to find the parameters to change them in dry run.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

many cnc have a maximum setting for feed rates on each axis done with parameter settings
    for example might slow Z to 100. ipm feed to lessen crash risk and damage. i have seen many cnc where max feed was reduced from 800. ipm max feed to a lesser amount cause operator (or the boss) didnt like it that fast
    if somebody reset max feed too low i could see somebody else wanting to increase it. for example if way covers unhooked max feed was slowed for days, weeks, etc but after it appears way covers will stay on then higher max feed is tried. sheetmetal way covers when damaged can take weeks and months to get new ones made and replaced
    some way covers got little ball bearing rollers on bottom. if bearing not turning freely the way covers vibrate and bounce a lot at higher feed rates.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Guys,

Got it to work as expected with DRY RUN off. Thanks for the help.

Sagar

14. Likes eaglemike, 2outof3 liked this post