What's new
What's new

mist collector for Fadals?

Houndogforever

Hot Rolled
I just finished mounting my new mist collector on the speedio machine and it looks like it will work just fine up there.

Right now I am running a mist/air blow on my Fadal 3016 and it is putting out a fair bit of mist into the shop. Looking at the big open top on the Fadal, I wonder if somebody has made a cap to go up there to reduce the amount of open area so that a mist collector could pull out the majority of the mist rather than it floating away.

What have any of you guys done on a Fadal to help reduce airborne gunk? What type of mist collector are you using on a fadal?

Or am I better off to just hang a shop sized one over the fadal and not worry about the direct draw out of the enclosure?

My 3016 (vintage 1995, reman. 2002) came with a cover over all but the tool changer housing. I mention this just in case some of the after market companies have this type of sheet metal available. Our 4020 uses a MistAway system; this is the upper limit of what this unit can handle in terms of machine volume, but it has been effective in holding down the mist inside/outside and keeping the interior of the machine cleaner.

I think we installed this unit about 4 years ago - no problems. At the time it was most economical/convenient unit that would do the job; may be other options now.

Fred

I have a 4020 woth a Royal FX1200, I cover the top of the machine with a cover cut from 1/4 ply, with a couple of battens to keep it stiff. It's painted. Sheetmetal would have been better, but I was in a hurry to get everything installed and up and running.

We are in the business of building Mist collectors, If you would like to have a look on our product range
visit Aeroex

Back