What's new
What's new

Mits M70 tool length setting

tcncj

Cast Iron
Somehow I'm not finding out why it doesn't work like I want.

Control: Mitsubishi M70
I have a 3D taster which I use to set WCS
I use a 100mm height toolsetter to touch off my tools

I've set Surf height to 100 (height of my toolsetter)
I touch of my tools on the toolsetter and hit the toollength measurement. - value stored in the tooltable
I use my 3D taster (or a tool) to set WCS zero on the top of the part.
When I run code it tries to Z drop a lot below my workpiece by a few hundred.

Tool offset length loading seems correct to me

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Code:
O1001
(T1  D=20. CR=3.1 - ZMIN=-1. - FACE MILL)
N10 G90 G94 G17
N15 G21
N20 G28 G91 Z0.
N25 G90
(FACE1)
N30 M09
N35 T1 M06
(facetool 20mm
N40 S8500 M03
N45 G54
N50 M09
N60 G00 X173. Y-69.338
N65 G43 Z15. H01
N70 G00 Z5.
N75 G01 Z1. F5000.
N80 G18 G03 X171. Z-1. I-2.

LccNfjJ.jpg

DnRt2qO.jpg

When running the program you can see it commands a Z15 (which should be above the workpiece)
In the pic I pressed feed hold.
In WK G54 you can see it drops in Z (lower than top of the part)
And tries to drop even further.

AhmzCpm.jpg

If Z zero is to be the workpiece top then your G54 (or other fixture offset) Z needs to be the difference in height of the setter and work piece top.

Does your taster have a 100mm reference surface? If so, using the taster, move down to touch the setter reference surface. When the taster reads zero set the Z axis position display to zero. Then move to your part and move the Z until the taster reads zero. The number in the Z position display will be the value you enter in G54 (or other fixture offset).

Apparently I had to set a TLM parameter.
Which is the height from the Z reference point to workpiece table.
Now I have positive tool length offsets (for example 75mm and the actual tool is 75mm from spindle nose to end of the cutter).
This way I can set tools based off a reference block (with a height of 100mm) instead of a workpiece.
But now the program start above the G54 Z WCS. Too far above it. But I'm getting close...

Edit

Toolheight is 75,085mm (based of the 100mm toolsetter) all good
WCS is top of the part set with the same tool
Machine goes to 74,085mm (1mm stock and top will be faced) so that looks a bit better
It seems it doesn't take the tool offset in effect when setting WCS zero. And I manually have to add/substract the value of the toollength

But it needs to drop 75,085mm lower!

fiyehl3.jpg

hLEy8kT.jpg

You need to decide what method of tool setting you want to use. In your first post you are working with negative offsets method and in your second post you have switched to positive offsets method. Decide which method best suits you and stick with it. Switching methods is not advised and makes it difficult for folks here to know what guidance to give.

You need to decide what method of tool setting you want to use. In your first post you are working with negative offsets method and in your second post you have switched to positive offsets method. Decide which method best suits you and stick with it. Switching methods is not advised and makes it difficult for folks here to know what guidance to give.

Correct. I've switched and adjusted the parameter.

I want to use + offsets and a reference block/toolsetter

Back