What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi Control Retrofit, NEED HELP/INFO M50-M65A

chevydyl

Aluminum
Im upgrading my current control to a Mitsubishi M65A, MU021, using the DX451 Base I/O board. The machine, an Amera-Seiki DTM-40 originally had the M50. I have all the PLC and parameters saved from the M50. I have a couple questions, do I HAVE to have the HR412 memory cassette or is that just expansion/option upgrade. i know it says you can save user PLC and machining programs to this cassette, but also says that it is for maintenance ie parameter restoring and what not. My used control did not come with a cassette and most of the used M65 controls i see on ebay dont. It only states in the manuals that the M65S must have a cassette installed for the system to start. Mitsubishi told me that in order to unlock High Speed Machine mode and High Accuracy Control, additional work offsets P.1-P.48 etc i would need to order through my OEM and Mitsubishi would make a cassette for those options, you load it in the control and done, you can then take out the cassette. They also said that Memory Expansion cassette was also an Option. Please let me know, if i have to order a cassette i need to quick, thanks

Sorry I can't help with the question about the cassette, but was curious about why you were upgrading the control and if you were planning on selling the M50 (assuming it is operational).

Mitsubishi was able to answer, that no it's not needed.
so I was upgrading because my 50 died cause I thought I would just add some more flash modules to it for more memory, turned it on and just a blinking cursor. I removed the added memory chips, same thing. while waiting for the rest of my m65 parts to show up I figured I'd mess with the 50, opened it up again and cleaned er real good with 99% alcohol, powered it up and nothin, did that a few times and then WOW! Meldas on the screen! but it was froze. I smelled something, seen smoke.coming from the control! lol, however I'm loading parameters as I type this now, it may be fine after all.and yes I think I would sell it as long as the m65 works and the m50 works

The 50 and 60 share most all parameter numbers, but the 60 has more parameters to address features the 50 does not have. Those may need some figuring out. I know the ladder can be loaded by RS-232 as I helped someone else here do that a while back. Seems to me that setting option/configuration parameters is different between the two models though. IIRC the 60 series has them in the header the ALL1 parameter file, but the 50 does not.

How much memory did your 50 have to start with? Mine has 128k which I believe is the max. I'd possibly be interested in buying your M50 if the price was reasonable and known working. Mine is and has been 100% flawless since new. Nice for a 24 year old CNC controller, but having spares on hand is comforting.

We'd have to verify some part numbers since mine is on a Mori and has a touch screen so there may be some differences.

so I got the 50 all sorted except alarm 2225 for the X axis. if I unplug the X drive the machine works fine, just Y and Z, not sure why it's doing this but I will have to go in the parameters and key this one in by hand and hopefully it will work. it's the parameter for Motor Type.

so that alarm wont clear, the control has the correct parametersfor the motor.... have to contact Mitsubishi unless you guys got an answer

Back