What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi M64 4th axis rotary won't continuously rotate, no more than 360deg

chevydyl

Aluminum
I posted about this install before, I was able to get working accept for it won't rotate past 360deg, the axis is set to reference home, it is setup to be a rotary axis, without indexing. Im not sure what the parameters should be set for to make it rotate past 360. I ran a test program and everything worked great until it made it to 359deg and then the machine errors M01 OPERATIONAL ERROR, basically you've gone past the limit, however I have the limits set at the highest settings they can be I think 2013 is the overtravel parameter. Anyone with 4th and parameters willing to share or help me get this going, it's soooo close to being ready

Attachments

• 16274420687212095884028909702197.jpg
    16274420687212095884028909702197.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 88
Did you set parameter 1017 to 1 for the rotary axis? Also parameter 1090 affects how you command rotary positions.

2013 and 2014 are soft limits for linear axes. For your rotary you set matching values (other than 0) to these. That should disable soft limit function.

Not had much experience with overtravel on a mill, but with C axis on the lathes, we need to overfeed using the INCR value for C, which is H.
Can you not just G91 A-720.000 ???

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

If you need to go no more than 720*, one other trick is to start at -360 and feed to +360*.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

If you need to go no more than 720*, one other trick is to start at -360 and feed to +360*.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thanks, that's good
The toolpath I was trying was the spiral from fusion360, thanks for that little work around. I'm super brand new to 4th axis but I did try climb cutting in titanium with this rotary and the finish looks pretty good, I still gotta tune the backlash parameter when I get to that point

Had you set the parameters I outlined in a previous post? Mainly curious since I don’t have a 4th on my machine to test with.

Yes they been set like that pretty much from the get. I wasn't sure if maybe there is a PLC bit select or something that I'm missing here. One thing I know I don't have set or is at a 0 is the parameter for Div\Rotation maybe that's worth a try

I noticed it won't go to a negative number on the position readout. I have been able to get it to jog past 359° if I jog it suuuuper slow otherwise it errors, but then it resets to 0°

On (at least) one of mine, it won't G90 to a neg, so I rapid to A0, and then I can G91 into the negatives.
I'm not sure how far? I would ass_u_me that to be an endless amount, but kan't say that I have tried that.

I would guess that you could G91 past A+359.999 as well?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Finally found it

So after hrs of searching through all the literature I found where it says it won't rotate past 359° in abs and that it will in incremental more. Here is a screenshot of the info. Thanks for all the help. I can't believe mitsu tech support couldn't tell me that over the phone.Screenshot_20210907-103959.jpg

Omg I finally found it! It verks!!

okay so I finally found the parameters that enabled the 4th axis to continually rotate included is a picture the parameters are 8204 and 8205 which is the over travel check negative and positive, utilizing StoredStrokeLimitII settings. this also allows a g90 to continually rotate if I were to punch in a movement of 720° it does 720° whether it's a g90 or g91 that's tested in MDI mode. And I have both the 1089 and the 1090 parameters enabled. funny how simple it was and even Mitsubishi didn't have an answer for me after multiple phone calls and multiple technicians over the phone it was a simple as rereading the manuals again and I found this in operation manual it didn't speak anything pertaining to the ax has continually rotating but I just thought that I'd give it a try and I couldn't believe how simple it was finally!!IMG_20211109_215354.jpg

Interesting that it was in the process parameters rather than setup parameters. That did not dawn on me when you first posted this but now it makes sense. This is an easy user set limit for say when a fixture can not do a full rotation due to interference.

Initially it was set to 0,
I was reading a manual because I was trying to edit the post processor for multi-axis use. so the the overtravel parameters in setup parameters are pre home position so that you can move the axis around whatever you need to do and then home it.
the 8205 and 8204 process parameters are only active after the machine has been homed.
So I'm curious if I any Buddy else's 8205 8204 are set to anything specific for the a Axis or rotary.

Back