Hi guys,
I have a cnc vertical mill with a Mitsubishi Meldas 500 series controller
Is there any one on practical machinist, who could help me navigate
Though the controller to set up tooling and tool offsets, & also how to
Make a program, and set up for cutting.
Would be very grateful.

Kind Regards
:)

So you bought a machine and have 0 idea of what you are doing? That's just too precious. would you like for one of us to stop by and run it for you as well?

What machine is it attached to?

There is no way this is going to work out for you. If you had a specific question then perhaps. Asking this group to train you in running this controller would be a lesson in futility.

There is no way this is going to work out for you. If you had a specific question then perhaps. Asking this group to train you in running this controller would be a lesson in futility.

Typical newbie, wants a personalized book written just for them.
I think there is a service for children that takes books and inserts their name in the pages.

it would be great if you could stop buy and run it

Hey, if you'll buy the tickets and hotel, someone might... :D

OK, you're not getting good traction here. I'd start by doing a deep dive into Youtube, even looking for "for sale" vids where the control is featured, sometimes you see them operating it.

I'd also try to find the control vendor's contact info in OZ, or go to Japan or Europe and see if you can get a copy of the operating manual. You'll likely have to pay for it, but it'll be worth it.

If desperate, just play with the machine. No tools in the spindle, clean table, it's unlikely you'll hurt anything. Hit buttons, take notes of what happens.

Find webpages with info on learning G code, you'll want to get familiar with it. Maybe try learning Fusion 360, it's a cheap entry into CAM.

Hey, if you'll buy the tickets and hotel, someone might... :D

OK, you're not getting good traction here. I'd start by doing a deep dive into Youtube, even looking for "for sale" vids where the control is featured, sometimes you see them operating it.

I'd also try to find the control vendor's contact info in OZ, or go to Japan or Europe and see if you can get a copy of the operating manual. You'll likely have to pay for it, but it'll be worth it.

If desperate, just play with the machine. No tools in the spindle, clean table, it's unlikely you'll hurt anything. Hit buttons, take notes of what happens.

Find webpages with info on learning G code, you'll want to get familiar with it. Maybe try learning Fusion 360, it's a cheap entry into CAM.

i have only had the machine a few weeks, and no books come with it just thought i might try on here and see if i could get any help.

mitsubishi is a big name in cnc
you should be able to find places (unlike this pack of haters) that can drag you into the world of cnc
your apparent tough hide will be an asset
i think the you tube suggestion is a good one
as you have already discovered this site is for the very stable genius type only

mitsubishi is a big name in cnc
you should be able to find places (unlike this pack of haters) that can drag you into the world of cnc
your apparent tough hide will be an asset
i think the you tube suggestion is a good one
as you have already discovered this site is for the very stable genius type only

yes it seems that way, i probably made a mistake putting a post up for help, i'
im very good at what i do toolmaking, just no idea on cnc at the moment
never used one

that control is a very simple G and M code device i believe
so its quite possible that a generic understanding of same will be all you need to get this thing running
put up a picture of control and i bet i could get you moving the axis' back and forth

yes it seems that way, i probably made a mistake putting a post up for help, i'
im very good at what i do toolmaking, just no idea on cnc at the moment
never used one

How did you get to be a toolmaker? You probably went to school and/or went into an apprentice program. You probably did not ask the instructor to do it for you. You first read the books and then asked questions. Now you can read some of the books, Youtube was my book when learning my Fadal. Ask the manufacturer or distributor for the paper books, watch videos, get the basics, go to the library. Then when you have a question on a finer point we (mostly) will be happy to answer.

Ed.

imagine that
someone that didn't know everything asked a question and someone that happened to know the answer

answered the question

what a fucking concept

Your going to have to learn ladder program to go direct to the plc, 500 is similar to Siemens s5 from memory, ancient and unsupported, normally the plc connects to the HMI, think you better get the manual for the machine
Mark

Back