Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boslab View Post
    Your going to have to learn ladder program to go direct to the plc, 500 is similar to Siemens s5 from memory, ancient and unsupported, normally the plc connects to the HMI, think you better get the manual for the machine
    Mark
    Hi Mark, thanks; yes im looking for a manual for the controller found out its a melads 520am series

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is with all the hate here? I find some of these posts at the beginning of the thread to be rude and offensive. The man is asking for help and has to start somewhere. We were all newbies once. Put yourself in his shoes and try to at least act like adults and be courteous and understanding of his situation. It's just the right thing to do.

Remember, you catch more flies with honey, not vinegar. If you can't be respectful and kind here, then there is no place for you here on this forum.

My .02 cents

Chris

3. Likes Bogart999 9, machinist58, mutiny liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

@machinist58

There is a member on this forum, angelw, who is from Australia. One of, if not the, sharpest members here. Send him a Private Message and see if he would be willing to help. It would go much better in person or by phone rather than on the forum where the time lag between question and answer may be substantial.

I'm pretty familiar with Meldas 50 controls and it is kind of similar to the 500 series. I can help with some questions, but it may be slow going back and forth. The machine builder has quite a lot of influence in how the control behaves. Parameter settings and the machine's ladder program are the most common factors in that.

The Meldas control also allows the machine builder to install custom screens and routines to simplify operations. For example, my Mori with Meldas 50 uses a touchscreen and has custom screens and routines for setting tool offsets and workpiece offsets. Because those exist on my machine, I've never used the Meldas provided offset setting functions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meldas controls are essentially the same as fanuc as far as programming. I have a 320, and an M80, and the programs are interchangeable, except for maybe something slightly different that each machine likes. Your standard g code will work, there is no need for anything out of the ordinary. Tutorials for fanuc programming will work as well, it will get you the basics to get started. Also as noted above, Mitsubishi tech support is good, you should be able to download all of the manuals and technical guides direct from them. Download a table of g codes and m codes, then start checking youtube videos to get an idea of where you need to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you look up Edge precision or Peter Stanton on you tube you will find several videos were he is using a meldas 500 control on A Mitsubishi horizontal mill . He goes over several topics about the control that may be of interest to you.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vancbiker,
    thank you, my controller is a 500 series

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Chris, thank you i will have a look @ you tube

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Green Machine, i will check that out

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi cpifer3, thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think i have a 520 manual in pdf, pm me your email and i will see if i can send it to you.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default meldas

Hi Snapatap
    thank you, i think i found electronic version on a site called E books.com,i will see how it goes.