What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi Meldas 60 (64). How to upload parameters?

Eugen

Plastic
Meldas 60 (64). How to upload parameters by using RS232 connection? I have a transfer software and all the parameters, plc program, sub programs (macros). I need the procedure to do this step by step. Thank you!

Writing out those instructions step by step is quite a bit of work. Chapter 6 in section 1 of the Meldas 60 operation manual covers Data I/O operations. If you do not have that manual, google will find it for you and you can download a copy.

Specifically....

6.1.2 covers loading programs. This includes sub-programs and macros.
6.1.4 covers loading parameters.

Loading the PLC program is a maintenance function. It is covered in section 3, chapter 8 of the operation manual. It requires you have the files ALL1, ALL2, and ALL3 on your PC and uses the maintenance mode 99 in the Meldas Data I/O screen. Those files will need to be from a backup of your machine or obtained from the machine builder. Loading those files with mode 99 requires you to stop the PLC. To stop the PLC, press the emergency stop button, and set the rotary switch NCSYS to "1". Loading the ALL1-3 series files also loads the parameters.

I will search the manual. I thought there was a standard instruction and someone knows it. Thanks a lot for your advice!

before loading the parameters, macros and plc program must be formatted memory? how is this done?

Operation manual section 3 chapter 2.3.....

2.3 Turning Power ON, Memory Initialization and Parameter Settings

2) Setting of basic specification parameters and initialization of memory
(1) Press the [TOOL/PARAM] function selector key on the communication terminal.
(2) Press the "Menu" key corresponding to the "Menu" displayed on the bottom of the screen. Change
the menu display, find the menu display "SETUP", and press that "Menu" key.
(3) The message "Open the setup parameter?" will display on the screen. Press Y key, and then INPUT
key.
(4) The first page of the basic parameters for setup will display, so refer to the section on the
parameters and set as required. (Parameters #1001 to 1019)
(5) Press the "NEXT PAGE" key on the right of the "Menu" keys, and display the second page of the
basic parameters.
(6) Refer to the section on the parameters and set the items as with the first page. (Parameters #1025
to 1043)
(7) Set parameter #1060 SETUP on the second page to "1" (normally it is set to "0"), and perform
one-touch setup.
[Procedures for one-touch setup]
(a) Set "#1060 SETUP" to "1". → The operation message "BASE PARA.
SET? (Y/N)" will appear.
(b) Set "Y". → The standard parameter will be set.
The operation message "FORMAT?
(Y/N)" will appear.
(c) Set "Y". → Formatting will start.
The basic parameters and memory will be initialized.
(8) Turn the control unit's input power OFF and ON once.
(9) This completes the initialization of the memory.

the memory initialization be done before or after loading the parameters?
I have only one file with the PLC program from the machine manufacturer. Should I have more (ALL1, ALL2 and ALL3)?

Initialize before parameter loading.

For a full restore of the control data, you need ALL1, ALL2, and ALL3 files. The PLC program (ladder) is part of the ALL3 file. ALL1 and ALL2 are parameters, settings, and other data. There is a chart in the operation manual that explains the contents of those file further.

Hi dear
I got 4 axis cnc lathe machine type : JINN FA JCL-42TG with Mitsubishi controller and dead batteries so I have to find parameters for it
so my question is : where can i find the parameters for it ? is there is any site or anything else
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-17 at 3.37.58 PM.jpg

U01- No PLC

I got the CNC Meldas 60S. My problem is U01- No PLC. Please help me! What should I do now? Thanks so much.

Meldas 60 (64). How to upload parameters by using RS232 connection? I have a transfer software and all the parameters, plc program, sub programs (macros). I need the procedure to do this step by step. Thank you!
you can follow the file " PLC development software " of Meldas manual. you can look up it on the internet.

60 and 64 are quite different, 64 needs files loaded into 3 different areas, using the 1, 2,3 in the input screen, not the 99 as the 60 manual states,
The 1060 parameter might be needed to sort the tool table, I'm stuck at z up waiting for the next tool position, and have no tool magazine numbers available.

The machine must be set imperial in the back end and metric for the screen, for the height of the tool change to be correct.

Back