What's new
What's new

Mitsui seiki toolchanger problem

Marnic

Plastic
Hey guys

I've got an 84 mitsui HR3C horizontal with a 6M fanuc control.
Last night during night shift the machine bombed out in the middle of a tool change and now i'm stuck.
Its an arm type toolchanger and it just took the tool out of the spindle when something went wrong.
We've checked the books but cant find anything to help in this regard.

Please help out if you can!

Thanks

I think we need some more details. what exactly happened? Did the changer stop, stall or jam? More you can tell us the better the chance someone will be able to offer solid advise.

Hey guys

I've got an 84 mitsui HR3C horizontal with a 6M fanuc control.
Last night during night shift the machine bombed out in the middle of a tool change and now i'm stuck.
Its an arm type toolchanger and it just took the tool out of the spindle when something went wrong.
We've checked the books but cant find anything to help in this regard.

Please help out if you can!

Thanks
Long time since, but I think Mitsui had a series of M codes for the tool change sequence. We also had a step button on our old HR5B. Sorry can't be of more help.
Regards
Mike

I have a mori-Seiki with an arm type changer and a 6M Fanuc.

I have 3 pages of notes I've written to expedite recovering from any possible toolchanger issue I've encountered, but in a nutshell:

The arm on my machine is hydraulic. The hydraulic valves have a manual override on them. I step the toolchanger through by manually actuating the valves. Once the changer is fully homed including the rack returned I flip the parameter write switch on the main board and change the "toolchange in process" parameter back to zero.

The books tell you to step the machine through the toolchanger sequence with M-codes, but that has it's own set of problems and takes much longer.

If you can be more specific with your problem we can likely offer more help.

I have a mori-Seiki with an arm type changer and a 6M Fanuc.

I have 3 pages of notes I've written to expedite recovering from any possible toolchanger issue I've encountered, but in a nutshell:

The arm on my machine is hydraulic. The hydraulic valves have a manual override on them. I step the toolchanger through by manually actuating the valves. Once the changer is fully homed including the rack returned I flip the parameter write switch on the main board and change the "toolchange in process" parameter back to zero.

The books tell you to step the machine through the toolchanger sequence with M-codes, but that has it's own set of problems and takes much longer.

If you can be more specific with your problem we can likely offer more help.

Diamond, can you please provide futher information! We have the same issue where the machine can manually go through all of the steps needed but does not do it with an M code. I do not have a parameter book so I cannot see where i need to make this change. Look forward to your help!

Diamond, can you please provide futher information! We have the same issue where the machine can manually go through all of the steps needed but does not do it with an M code. I do not have a parameter book so I cannot see where i need to make this change. Look forward to your help!
Hello Daking1102,
Although most hydraulic valves can be manually manipulated, usually by pushing the spool in one direction or another, often the new position may not stick. The valves will be driven with a solenoid and if there is still power to the solenoid you're pushing the spool away from, its likely that the solenoid will pull it back as soon as you stop forcing it.

When a Tool Changer gets out of position, it stops working due to either the PMC program being reasonably well written and there are safeties built in, or the PMC program is confused and hangs. Well written programs usually provide a method of recovery.

When confronted with the situation where there is no recovery procedure specified, I unplug all the power leads to the Tool Change Mechanism Solenoids and then, using a Multi-meter, find a lead that is powered up. With this lead, I drive the hydraulic valves in the order and direction required to return the Tool Changer to its correct, ready and rest position. As this process progresses, the power to the lead being used my disappear, due to the PMC program seeing new Inputs (due to the new position of the Tool Changer Components). When this happens, you will invariably find another lead that is now powered up; continue the process until the Tool Changer is back where it should be.

Once the Tool Changer is back in the correct position:
1. turn the power to the control off
2. plug all power leads back to their respective Solenoids
3. turn the power to the Control back on.

The above is like an initialization of the PMC program and what normally happens, is that the PMC Program will see all Inputs from the Tool Changer as they should and therefore, power to only the correct leads will be applied and all will be happy.

Early controls like the FS6M either had an external PLC, or the ladder logic was created in hardware. Either way, the function is basically the same and the above procedure for resetting the position of the Tool Changer and the PLC will normally work.

If the original issue was caused by a missing Input, due to a faulty proximity switch, then, of course, the Tool Changer will still not work correctly and that fault will need rectifying.

Regards,

Bill

You should probably start your own thread and give as much detail as you can.

Back