What's new
What's new

Miyano Tailstock trouble

upm2019

Aluminum
Need some help I have a older Miyano LE22 lathe with a funuc OT control and am having trouble getting the tailstock to work . It will move foward and back but I can't find anything about programing or setting in the manuals other than M26 is foward and M27 is back to home . It will go back in MDI but when I command M27 the machine alarms out . Diagnostic 306.4 says its the foward switch .I can sort that out but the real question is how do you set it just command foward and when it hits the parts it stops or do you set a limit switch IDK .I've tried to set the b axis but that doesn't seem to work . Any help would be appreciated .I have had the machine for several yaers just never needed the tailstock . When I call the manufacterer They don't know the machine as it's old so Idea's .
Thanks ,
Pete

We have a LE21 here. If they are the same, there is a pair of roller topped limit switches under the sheetmetal cover on the operator side of the tailstock. You have to adjust the dogs, one for decel and one for forward limit. to fit your part requirements. kind of a pain as the dogs are inverted.

We have a LE21 here. If they are the same, there is a pair of roller topped limit switches under the sheetmetal cover on the operator side of the tailstock. You have to adjust the dogs, one for decel and one for forward limit. to fit your part requirements. kind of a pain as the dogs are inverted.

Is you tailstock hydralic my documentation shoes for that except mine is run off a servo . I have a belt drive and the motor is under the machine . All the instructions show how to set the dogs and hydralic pressure . I moved the dog and when it hit the machine faulted out with machine end . So I don't think that was right . the only other dogs are way up front I think they are for home position and overtravel .

7DC9B1B3-9B50-4804-8E74-4C28D6623668.jpg7DC9B1B3-9B50-4804-8E74-4C28D6623668.jpgF13E2C68-181F-44D9-B571-994F37C04584.jpgF13E2C68-181F-44D9-B571-994F37C04584.jpg4DA6A96A-752A-4F97-91F5-37832F46460A.jpg this is the drive and motor I think the parts have it as same motor as X axis the line diagram references a valve but there is not one . It also shows a b axis that registers the tailstock position. I talked to the old service guy and he ask some other service techs and no one has heard of such a thing
Pete

Last edited:
We also have a Miyano BND34S. It has a subspindle that is similar to your arrangement. Without the external motor.
To move it in the program we use these commands

G110 T71
G110 B0. (brings sub up to pickoff point set with offset 71)
;
:
;
machining operations
;
;
;
;
G110 T70 (cancels offset)
G28 H0. (sends sub home)

T71 thru T?? offsets are found under the AUX/GRAPH button. T70 is no offset.

I do not know if this is pertinent to your LE22 or not Our LE21 tailstock is pure hydraulic.

Thanks for your reply but that doesn’t work I have a BND42T5 and it works like yours I have been talking to Miyano and they are waiting to hear from Japan I have to check a couple of switches tomorrow and see

Back