What's new
What's new

Miyano TSV35 vintage 1993

Riley

Aluminum
A friend of mine picked up a 1993 Miyano TSV35 as a little second op machine. We both missed the fact that the previous owner pulled the FANUC Order-Made Macro yellow box off the motherboard. Control is a Fanuc 0M-C. Can anyone describe exactly what it is used for? Are those boxes made to just alter the original ladder for a specific task? There was no paperwork with the machine and I would love to get a part number and look around online to see if I could find one for sale. Any thoughts??

The order made macro cassette contains macros that are both Fanuc created and machine builder created for use in performing special machine functions. Normal macros reside in memory so if the machine uses lots of macros the memory remaining might be quite limited. The only time I have seen the order made macro function used was on a grinder application where macros for easy grinding programming had been created. There also was a macro for wheel dressing.

On the Miyano, I imagine there was probably a bunch of macros used to make kind of a quasi-conversational programming feature. Probably things like face milling, pocketing, hole patterns and so on. I believe it is associated or used in conjunction with the Pattern Data Input option. I suppose it is possible that a macro for doing the toolchange could be included in the order made macro.

Really odd that someone would have removed it. What are parameters 902 bit 4 and 906 bit 0 set to? Can you run the machine without the cassette?

The machine does run but it acts strange when in edit mode. Comes up with some kind of conversational screen instead of the program that was called last. Usually I go to program list and hit "search" but this key is now missing. I have a 1990 TSV35 and tried my macro box but it made the tool changer act strange. Mine is the same style turret but driven by a brushless DC motor and his is AC/vector drive. It's really a shame someone took that....probably figured it was extended memory or something else useful on another machine. If anyone had a 1993 and could share the part number and version number of the cassette I would stand a slim chance of finding one. Mine is a 1990 and it's a A02B-0091-J551 0A32 edition 09. Guessing there are a number of different ones. I will check those parameter settings and advise. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

....Comes up with some kind of conversational screen instead of the program that was called last. .....

That may be affected by the state of the parameters I asked about.

Does the toolchange function on the machine without the macro box? If it does, I think there is a reasonable chance that with some parameter changes the control could be made to behave as a standard 0MC.

902 01100000
906 00100000
That would be awesome if the issue could be fixed with a parameter change. It does tool change but the spindle seems to "hunt" a little at the orientation point. There wouldn't be spindle drive parameters in that macro box would there? I opened up one of mine out of curiosity and it contains two EPROMS.

Rigid tap is the only thing I have found so far that won't work with a macro box from a 1991 TSV35 0M-c. Parameter 911.2 is set to 1 on this machine. I wonder if the macro box has something to do with the spindle control unit.

The parameters I asked about earlier did no lead to anything. Spent a little more time looking at info and would like to know what is in parameter 912 and 919. Found something about Conversational Macro Executor and am wondering if that is what they are using. Also, what firmware version is in the machine?

This is what come up on start up:
0463-16
Servo:9030-18
PMC:KL00-05
Parameters:
912 10000100
919 00000000
I don't have a very good description of 900 parameters.
Main board is A02B-0098-B511 1993-07 Board#3070552
I really appreciate your input on this, thanks.

The bit 7 (left most bit) of parameter 912 enables the Macro Executor routines. Setting that to 0 should turn off the conversational screen that shows up in edit. My info shows that this is effective with the firmware version 0463.

Caution!! I have not personally done this to a 0 series control and none of my documentation says what all may happen if you set this to 0. Some configuration parameter change will require controller initialization to become effective. There is a note that says that the part program storage size is slightly reduced when 912 bit 7 is activated. IME, any time I have seen that type message it means that the program memory will be initialized. Setting it back to 0 will likely require program memory to be initialized too. Prior to doing any changes to configuration parameters you need to make a complete backup of all the CNC parameters, PMC parameters, Pitch comp values, and any other data you wish to keep (programs, tool offsets, fixture offsets).

As a side note, the list price on the software and hardware to program the order made macro cassette with a PC was about $10k in 1996.

Back