What's new
What's new

Modern lathe control that works like Romi EZ-Path

SBAER

Hot Rolled
I really like how my Bridgeport EZ-path lets me work with the handwheels and easily do do power feed moves, tapers, and roughing cycles. Is there a modern version of a lathe control that works like this? I am hoping to retofit a flat bed Standard and Modern lathe to make it easy to use like the EZ-Path Romi.

Siemens makes a kit. I imagine Fanuc does as well. The Siemens controller will behave much more like your old EZ-Path. However, for the price of the kit, and the labor involved, you'd probably be better off just buying a new Romi lathe.

Perhaps one of the less expensive controllers would also work for your application, but again, considering the time component, I certainly wouldn't bother.

Stan, did you purchase that Standard Modern carcass for sale out of Erin? I'm curious about the seller. He had angle plates for sale and accepted my offer but I couldn't get an address out of him to save my life. Not worth the hassle.

I had a Milltronics. There is also Prototrak and Harrison. Prototrak was once built on Standard Modern iron. Toolmex makes real big ones.

From what I've seen, I'd want a Prototrak.

Back