What's new
What's new

Monitor showing dim display

sinha

Titanium
The monitor on one of the machines (0iTC) has lost contrast recently.
The texts are barely readable.
What could be the reason?

CRT? Maybe adjust pots to brighten it up. Gentle whack on case improves display? Loose connection of cable or back of tube.

LED,LCD? Loose connection or failing component.

It is LCD.

Will check for loose connection. Hope there is only one connector for the screen.

Oh! I didn't know that it is called handy page!
Yes, contrast option is there. Somebody might have changed the setting.
Will check.
Thank you.

Don't know if it will help but I think you can adjust contrast in the handy page. It often takes a little bit for the backlight to warm up to full brigtness.

I tried this.
Yes, I was able to adjust the contrast, and it is now better. However, it is nothing compared to the original display.
Next, I will check for loose connections.

It could be a failed backlight. You'd still have a functional LCD, but not able to see the text or graphics.

What kind of backlight is in a Fanuc lcd?

Every failed backlight I've seen left the display so dark you had to shine a torch on it to be able to make anything out. OP didn't seem to imply it was that bad, although maybe it is?

If it's not that bad, and it's a CCFL backlight, there will also be an inverter board to power it. Failed inverters are pretty common, and it could possibly be still functioning but with a very low output?

The screen is not dark. Rather it is too bright, because of which the black letters are barely visible.
Can the brightness be reduced, keeping the contrast at the same level?

Back