• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1,844

Ox

Diamond
2002 810D

Machine was running when shut down.
Robbed the push-button part of the HMI for a sister machine a cpl months ago.

Now needing to git back on this machine aggin - and so I threw some spark to it a week ago jist to make sure all was well yet ... and it didn't seem to be. However - I didn't have the HMI all back together yet, but I had a hard time believing that was going to play a roll here, but ...

So I got the pushbutton panel back together (needed new membrane is all) and tossed the switch again - and - exactly the same thing.

Red LED PF is steady and PS is blinking.

I am sure that I can swap the brawn part of the unit, but I'm not expecting that to make any difference - since the problem appears to be in the brain part.

I have at least one other CCU that has the same part number on another machine (seems like all I git done with these things is swapping parts!) but these are not exactly the same machines, and thus - the params and whatnot are different.

I'm wondering if I can just swap brains - but if I keep the mem card with the machine - will that be all the same?

I would really like to swap to narrow / rule out issues if possible.
Let alone the fact that I would like to start running this machine aggin in a cpl days.

Anyone experienced enough to comment?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Attachments

• DSCN2518.jpg
    DSCN2518.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
is anything coming up on the screen? if the panel lights are just flashing I'm thinking you might have to replace the battery and clear the plc then reload. it's the 2-3 wait for a light then back within 3 seconds or something like that to makes sure the plc is cleared. I'm thinking the machine builder should have it backed up on the mem card. there should be a nck and plc file

Yeah, the CRT boots up in ISO and says that SHOPMILL wouldn't load.
(forgot to say that)

I haven't seen any batt notices, but it was offline for a cpl months. (more?)

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

whens the last time the battery was replaced? I would do it out of gp. It's a crap shoot to what Siemens would want for it, but I would think battery+ would have or another supplier.

Seems like we replaced it last fall.

Yeah, I remember doing that "turn this, switch that" routine on this last fall too, but it needed a lot more than that I think.

I forget the routine, but I know who to contact to get it - unless someone here has it written down somewhere?
I need to get this wrote down!

EDIT:

I found at least some of the process in a year old e-mail. It is broken Chinese to English text, but ....

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

OK, well - that didn't go so well.
I think [that] I rubbed some salt in the wound... :o

Now the CRT isn't booting up like it should, and seems to be in a "reboot" holding pattern.

I broke down and mailed "my guy", but he will likely cost me a few $. :fight:

However - thanks for reminding me that it is likely more of a dump and reflash issue - or at least that it could be anyhow...

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

We've had an 840 get corrupted (?) for no apparent reason. We had to send it in for a complete "cleaning and rinsing". (not sure of all the politically correct lingo)

Sometimes it still just randomly goes AWOL.

Hasn't really boosted my faith in Semens..........:toetap:

I've got 2 Fanucs with ghosts as well.
They are known ghosts at this point tho.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

We have never worked on an 810 to my knowledge. We have fixed a number of 805 systems and replaced even more with 840’s . . . but this typically involves a few questions to the Siemens Service Center in Chicago. They will help anyone who calls and generally recommend the easiest path to a fix often connecting you with a competent resource who can guide you through troubleshooting the problem

Service and Support | CNC4you | USA

I have called Siemens for clarification on coding issues 2wice, and been told that my 10 year old controls were too old and that no-one there could likely answer my question(s), and to go pound sand. 2WICE!
(and probably at least a year or more between calls)

I rely on werkarounds and the aftermarket world now.

They have done a repair for me with no troubles tho.
(I sent a component in to them)

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The machine is now "up".
I lost the active program and any tool offsets.
Otherwise - good to go.

I "have a guy" in Toronto that I use for Siemens stuff.
He likes to use What'sAp (?) on smart phones - but I don't have a smart phone, and I have not had good luck when using a tablet in stead.
The signal gits scrambled when I stick the tablet into the cabinet for him to see and we lose the connection.

Besides, he is Chinese and he talks real fast, and my brain can't understand him fast enough, and so we use e-mail.
He sends me directions, and I take a pic and send back. Rinse / repeat.
It works pretty good.
He does charge for the service, but I am perfectly fine with that.
I think that he sells his remote service help on e-bay, but I haven't looked for it.
I just bought a replacement unit of some sort from him several years ago, and that's how I knew him.

I would prefer to not have to use him, but if push comes to shove...

I am going to try to archive this whole string of mails and pics this time, and between that and the PDF just linked above, maybe I can git through it next time.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well:

A) Mine is on a mill
B) That is a old skewl control. Same "810" designation, but not "D".

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back