What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki with Fanuc T-6B

laktozmentes

Plastic
Hey guys!

My brother and i just bought our first machine which is a Mori Seiki mill equipped with a Fanuc 6T model B. All we got from the seller was a really old and dirty manual which did not help at all.

We have a few questions because we don't really understand the concepts of this machine yet.

We prepare the machine the tools etc. then we encounter a problem. We don't know what to look for in the manual (English is not our first language). We'd like to set a point which the machine would remember to return to after switching to another tool , but we have yet to succeed with it. We tried setting the absolute values to 0 at the middle of the work piece then g00 backwards to switch to another tool. This usually succeeds but the problem is we can't offset the new tools values in the settings to compensate for the size differences and also the machine kinda forgets where to go/return in this case.
We don't know if it's possible to set a reference point which the program would remember and g00 to different locations basing the X Z from the reference point.
Also we tried using the G50 but we failed miserably.

Can you guys point us in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

This may take more than is possible in a forum.....

To start, a Fanuc 6T model B is a lathe control yet you say you have a mill. If you are looking at a Fanuc 6T model B manual and trying to program, set up, and run a mill you'll never get anything to work. What do you really have?

My guess is an SL series.

Based on the OP, the best bet is probably to find someone local who knows lathes and series 6 controls, can give a "crash course" on not crashing that machine, setting the G50 positions, correct program format, etc.

Back