What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki / Mitsubishi MSX850 III - M99 block delete looping in tape mode

jeuhrn

Plastic
So I have a program that I ran in the NC memory area (110kB or whatever memory size it has), and we do small series so I use the sub-spindle to pull out stock after I part it off. I have the counter set to block delete mode, and a /M99 where I want the program to loop. The program happily runs for n pieces until it hits the part counter limit and then the machine skips the /M99 and reaches M30.

The design changed and the program grew, so now it's too large for NC memory. I put it in the "user area" (tape or DNC mode on the control), but the looping functionality no longer works. It seems like the control doesn't use block delete mode outside of NC memory operation.

I've tried to put a main program with M98/M198 call in NC memory to call a larger sub program from the user area, but I get a P39 no specification error. I've also tried putting the subprogram on the PCMCIA memory card, in case that's where the control looks for it - no luck.

If anyone can help me either

A: make block delete counter in tape/DNC mode work

or

B: tell me if there are settings/parameters to change to make M98/M198 look at the user area or memory card for the sub program.

I have a feeling M198 wants to look at the network, but the machine isn't networked.

Thanks, crew.

Post your exact code. You oughta be able to call an M98P1000L35 to call program 1000 from memory and loop it 35 times.

Post your exact code. You oughta be able to call an M98P1000L35 to call program 1000 from memory and loop it 35 times.

M98 works as long as the main and the sub program are both in the same location. What I want to do is call a sub program that is located elsewhere, and the way I understand it is that you use M198 for that.

Back