What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki MV JR MX2 Parameters reset

1964Fairlane

Plastic
Greetings
I just experienced a power blip ( electrical) that happened during a tool offset measurement. I have had power blips before and it scrambled my parameters.
I have a home shop and make my 3 phase power with a TEMCO converter.
This time I went through reloading all the parameters again only to find that it is stuck in a #35 tool change not complete. That would not normally be a problem except this time I can not home the axis. The X moves but does not home. The Y and Z won't move at all. I manually returned the down pot to it's home position and that cleared my tool # 35 problem. My 7000 parameters all had a 2 4 2 4 2 4... setting. I manually reloaded /cleared all of them.
And after all that on power up I got a CPU error. Then next time I did not get that however the Y and Z still won't move. I have checked Relays,connectors,fuses, parameters again only to find that the #7000's have 2 4 2 4 2

Example
#7000 2
7001 4
7002 2
all through the #7000 series.
What I would like to do is wipe the parameters and start from scratch.
I have a set of spare boards with minor problems but they will work to power it up.

In the cabinet there is a rotary switch for writing parameters and I believe some where in the past I was told to set the switch to 9 and erase the whole set.

Thanks for any help.

I too have a Home shop with a 86 Mori MV junior and I ran into the same issue. How did you go about returning the pot back, and reset the machine? I am new and trying to figure it out as I go. Any insight is Great!
Thank you!
Bryan

Back