What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki SL-25SY parameters for DNC loading

meowkat

Aluminum
Here's the situation, I have a new to me machine making happy noises for the most part when I flip the power switch with some nagging alarms.
I have an X axis overtravel and all axes need zeroed I believe, I'm hoping I can load the parameters from the file I have after setting the RS232 transfer specific params.

Which manual do I look in for the params for DNC transfer (Fanuc 16T) ?
Is there any other reason the axes wouldn't move?

Also, there was an --EMG-- alarm that went away when I held down the over-travel release button during control power up, I hope that's a good sign. Axis still not responsive to manual pulse generator. If you can't tell already I'm not well versed in troubleshooting CNCs. Have replaced all batteries I could find, at least.

Should I just call DMG Mori and see if they will exchange one of their tech's time for my first born?

pretty straightforward i guess.jpg

Not sure what year you have, or if this is applicable, but my Mori SL25Y has absolute encoders. They have a battery that keeps its location when you power down. Alarms look like they went dead and machine is lost. Call Mori and try to get a procedure to reset absolute home after you replace the batteries. Also make sure your power phase is correct, easy check is to see if you have hydraulic pressure. Machine also needs air pressure when turned on.

Machine has hydraulic pressure and air pressure. Haven't hooked up the coolant pump yet, but I moved the X axis off the limit switch and the flashing --EMG-- is still around preventing me from using the machine.

Moved subspindle toward chuck a little, no more flashing EMG alarm. Probably hit a hard limit but didn't show the alarm for some reason.

Back