What's new
What's new

Mori seiki SL25 Fanuc 10

robtrak

Plastic
Hi i am from the UK we have a 1988 mori SL25 with fanuc 10 control. When it is switched on it starts to boot up and gets as far as (load PC parameters :end) then the screen goes blank the lights are still all lit up on the control but there is the red error light lit up but you cant see the problem as there is nothing displayed on the screen. There are no fanuc fault codes showing on the boards and I have had the screen and 24v power supply tested and they are all ok. I've had an x fanuc engineer look at it that started out on these old controls but he said hes never seen anything like it. I don't really want to call fanuc out as for how much they charge to get it running I could probably buy one in working order

We just left him to it how do you do that I've asked 3 different engineers and non of them have come across this problem before. One of them suggested taking out the memory chips then putting them back in? .the other problem is we don't have the parameters disk

We just left him to it how do you do that I've asked 3 different engineers and non of them have come across this problem before. One of them suggested taking out the memory chips then putting them back in? .the other problem is we don't have the parameters disk
Where are you based? Have you tried Richard Moody?

I am just outside Bath we sent the monitor and 24v power supply to DNC Swindon to check but was all ok they recommend someone but cant remember his name he came out and said he never seen a problem like it. I was going to phone Mori Tuesday and talk to one of there service engineers

......the other problem is we don't have the parameters disk

Not having a backup of the parameters greatly complicates recovering your machine. You need to start looking for someone with the same machine and control and get a parameter list from them. You need to be sure to get the PMC parameters as well as the CNC parameters.

To enter the IPL mode you hold down the decimal point and minus keys while turning on the power. If the IPL menu shows on the screen you will have options then to initialize the memory which may help your situation. You will need to have a list of the parameters to reload should you choose to initialize the memory.

Back