What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki SL3 - Fanuc 3T parameters and how is this control?

Nikolaiownz

Aluminum
Hello

I am thinking about buying a old mori sl3 lathe.. its without power for the last 3 months, so i suspect it have lost parameters..

The current owner dosent have the parameters, only the manuals..

Is it possible to find the parameters somewhere?

Another thing is how easy is this control? We have some old Gildemeister lathes from the 80s and they are very clunky programming and tool setting on.. Never used an old fanuc like this only the newer.

Cheers

Nothing wrong with a 3T control- uses geometry and wear offsets for tool setup. Control has a simple measure function for setting up the geometry offsets. Touch the tool to a face or turn and measure a diameter and a few key strokes later, the offset is calculated and loaded.
No need to use position presets like on a Fanuc 6 to set tool geometry offsets.

AFAIK Mori set all of them up with the usual Fanuc canned cycles for turning. The only thing that the control won't do, is display any comments in the program. It simply strips out any comments when loading the program.
Mine use RS232 for program loading- they don't have tape readers. I do have JPEG screen shots of the parameters for an SL3 if you need them.

Mori seiki sl-3 parameters

Nothing wrong with a 3T control- uses geometry and wear offsets for tool setup. Control has a simple measure function for setting up the geometry offsets. Touch the tool to a face or turn and measure a diameter and a few key strokes later, the offset is calculated and loaded.
No need to use position presets like on a Fanuc 6 to set tool geometry offsets.

AFAIK Mori set all of them up with the usual Fanuc canned cycles for turning. The only thing that the control won't do, is display any comments in the program. It simply strips out any comments when loading the program.
Mine use RS232 for program loading- they don't have tape readers. I do have JPEG screen shots of the parameters for an SL3 if you need them.
. Hi can you please assist me with parameters for Mori seiki sl-3

Back