What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki SL3 with Fanuc 6T DOESN'T MOVe

diecal2112

Plastic
Hello everyone,

Recently a friend bought a used Mori Seiki SL3 with Fanuc 6T Controller.

We started making simple programs very quickly and one day the machine just didn't move. When I turn the machine on I used to type G28 U0.0 W0.0 to move to reference point but this doesn't work anymore. The only way I can move the machine is in JOG mode or with the handwheel.

I can't run any program or MDI sequence.

Has anyone any experience with this kind of problem? How can I know what is wrong with the machine?

I have a video that shows what I'm doing and the results.

Thank you very much in advance.

You need to home the machine when you power on the control each time.

Power on the machine and place the mode switch in the ZRN position (see the picture below, red arrow).

You should be able to jog the axis in that ZRN mode, but when you get close to the home position, they will slow down as they hit the deceleration dog. Keep pressing the jog button until the axis reaches the home position. You have to do this procedure for each axis every time you start up the machine.

Check your operator manual, it probably has more specific info.

That's the standard way for most Fanuc controls (and most machines in general).

ZRN.jpg

Hello everyone,

Recently a friend bought a used Mori Seiki SL3 with Fanuc 6T Controller.

We started making simple programs very quickly and one day the machine just didn't move. When I turn the machine on I used to type G28 U0.0 W0.0 to move to reference point but this doesn't work anymore. The only way I can move the machine is in JOG mode or with the handwheel.

I can't run any program or MDI sequence.

Has anyone any experience with this kind of problem? How can I know what is wrong with the machine

Lots of old Mori machines have the low way oil float switch tied into Feed Hold or Single block signals so the machine won't run if the oil is low. Check that first.

Thanks for your answer!!!

I tried to do this procedure when turning the machine ON. I referenced the axis the way you indicated and the leds for each axis turned on.

Yet the machine doesn't move in automatic mode.

You need to home the machine when you power on the control each time.

Power on the machine and place the mode switch in the ZRN position (see the picture below, red arrow).

You should be able to jog the axis in that ZRN mode, but when you get close to the home position, they will slow down as they hit the deceleration dog. Keep pressing the jog button until the axis reaches the home position. You have to do this procedure for each axis every time you start up the machine.

Check your operator manual, it probably has more specific info.

That's the standard way for most Fanuc controls (and most machines in general).

View attachment 202568

I tried to do this procedure when turning the machine ON. I referenced the axis the way you indicated and the leds for each axis turned on.

Yet the machine doesn't move in automatic mode.

Lots of old Mori machines have the low way oil float switch tied into Feed Hold or Single block signals so the machine won't run if the oil is low. Check that first.

I checked all the oil levels and they are normal.

What else do you think can be the problem?

There is a condition stopping you from executing "cycle start". If you can view the ladder logic do a word search for G7.2 (cycle start) to find which condition is not being made. If the control wants a password to look at the ladder logic use "L" and hit the input key.

.....If you can view the ladder logic do a word search for G7.2 (cycle start) to find which condition is not being made. If the control wants a password to look at the ladder logic use "L" and hit the input key.

6 series controls did not have the ladder viewable on the screen. Also the Diagnostics were not sorted by address. You'll need a hardcopy of the ladder diagram and a Fanuc 6 maintenance manual to trace the Cycle Start signal and find which Diagnostic number Cycle Start is.

If you have a copy of the ladder, you might be able to figure it out.

Is the chuck clamped?
Is the lube system pressure switch working?
Is the tailstock retracted?
Is the edit lock switch turned to "lock"?

If you have a copy of the ladder, you might be able to figure it out.

Is the chuck clamped?
Is the lube system pressure switch working?
Is the tailstock retracted?
Is the edit lock switch turned to "lock"?

About these questions,
The chuck IS clamped.
The tailstock IS retracted.
The edit lock switch IS turned to "lock".

I don't really know how to check the lube system pressure switch. How can I do that?
Also I don't have the manuals for this machine, I serchedd everywhere I could and didn't find it

Fanuc 6t

About these questions,
The chuck IS clamped.
The tailstock IS retracted.
The edit lock switch IS turned to "lock".

I don't really know how to check the lube system pressure switch. How can I do that?
Also I don't have the manuals for this machine, I serchedd everywhere I could and didn't find it

Hi friend
I have a similar problem with a MAZAK M4.
I would like to know if you solved your problem and what was the solution
regards

Back