State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mori Seiki ZT 1500 Y "Spindle Time Over #2"

Machine: Mori Seiki ZT 1500 Y
    Control: Fanuc
    Problem: The machine started to alarm out with the TCRL light blinking and I would have to reset the turret and set D150.1 to 1 and then the machine would run again. Recently, the machine did the same thing but when I reset and restarted the program it would do the turn and face off on the sub side and then when it would go to do the milling with the second turret it would index but alarm out saying "Index Time Over #2" but it would be properly indexed.

I removed the covers on the sub side turret and checked the sensors for the clamping and the chuck which are all operational and I checked the parameters and found that the signals from the sensors were getting into the computer.

I don't know what is wrong and I have not gotten my hands on either a wiring or service manual for this machine. I could really use help fixing this problem and a copy of the manuals for this machine if anyone has one they would be willing to share.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can try DMG Mori for a wiring manual. Don't hold your breath, though. I've been waiting for over 3 weeks to hear from them about manuals for one of my machines. And that's with me emailing the parts department every few days.

Can you explain more about when the alarm occurs? Is it only when indexing the 2nd turret? Does it index, alarm, and just hang there? Does it only happen sometimes? Only with certain tools?