What's new
What's new

Mori SL20 lathe won't start. Fanuc 0T.

Ukraine Train

Cast Iron
I leave the main power to my machines on and just turn off the front control panels. It seems the power went out during the weekend and I'm afraid it might've fried something, though the fuses are still good. When I turn on the panel power it just stays on the initial screen and says NOT READY. It normally just says this for a couple seconds and then it displays the position screen and the hydraulics kick on. In the rear panel, the display on the drive controller reads 10-04 when I turn on the main switch, then switches to flashing SU-01. When I turn on the front panel, the drive controller shows F-000 then the numbers count up to F-335 and then show 0000. Any suggestions? Not a good start to the week!:ack2:

2015-11-30 08.23.39.jpg

Damn, that must be hard to operate with an upside down control panel!:D Seriously, did you try to press the on button again? My 0T machine requires this sequence: Press power on button, wait until brake in turret motor clicks on, press power on button again.

Maybe there is something in the E-Stop circuit that is holding you up. Overtravel, low oil, low air, stuck switch/relay, blown fuse, loose wire, etc. You should be able to get to diagnostics and ladder to see where the hang up is.

Like all good electrical problems, this one seems to have cleared itself up, for now. With the power off, I jiggled some wires, flipped some breakers on and off (none of which were tripped), and then flipped it on and it's back to normal. We'll see how it is tomorrow.

That could very well be a loose wire someplace. On more than one occasion, I have gone thru the entire cabinet and backside of control panel and tightened every single connection I could find. Sometimes was surprised to find a loose screw or two. Solved intermittent problems.

HEllo Ukraine Train !
I have a mori Seiki sL25-m with an fanuc mf-t6. I had the same issue.
Has your problem ever appeared again ? I had exactly the same issue and resolved exactly the same way like you but I feel a bit unsafe with this soloution because I don’t know for how long it will last, how was it in your case ? Also I’m getting often an alarm ex0097 I/o panel (flat panel) don’t know if that’s connected with the other issue.

HEllo Ukraine Train !
I have a mori Seiki sL25-m with an fanuc mf-t6. I had the same issue.
Has your problem ever appeared again ? I had exactly the same issue and resolved exactly the same way like you but I feel a bit unsafe with this soloution because I don’t know for how long it will last, how was it in your case ? Also I’m getting often an alarm ex0097 I/o panel (flat panel) don’t know if that’s connected with the other issue.

Back